• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the trick for installing new torsion bar dust boots?

idrivemopar

Local time
6:11 AM
Reaction score
Question, i got new 1.06 torsion bars, and the dust boots inner diameter opening is about 1/2 the outter diameter of the torsion bar. so, whats the trick to get these on and over the hex?

Question, i got new 1.06 torsion bars, and the dust boots inner diameter opening is about 1/2 the outter diameter of the torsion bar. so, whats the trick to get these on and over the hex?

Put them in Hot water for a few minutes and they will go right on without any problem. I used boiling water not Tap water but eirther should work if you leave them a few minutes. Oh! Almost forgot,you might want to use gloves because they will be rather warm.

Awesome, thanks for the tip, i tried a hair dryer, but no go, i will give the boiling water a shot!!!!

Get your deep well 1/2 drive sockets out, and put the boot on the sockets, moving to larger and larger sockets.

This worked out really well. Boiled the boots for about 10 minutes and put a bit of lubrication on the edges of the hex and they slipped right on. Thanks that made it real easy!

i put on my SUMO WRESTLING costume and had at it. took some grunting and groaning and the 7 basic ballet movements...but i got em on....wish i had known about the hot boiling water......so do my neighbors!

i put on my SUMO WRESTLING costume and had at it. took some grunting and groaning and the 7 basic ballet movements...but i got em on....wish i had known about the hot boiling water......so do my neighbors!

LOL TELL THE TRUTH you just wanted a reason to put on your SUMO Wrestling costume

What I want to know is how you know about the 7 basic ballet movements! Uh, maybe I don't! :D

That's a picture in my head I needed not.

Just watch a Winger video, you'll get them down. She's only 17...... live on 80's you suck!

LOL TELL THE TRUTH you just wanted a reason to put on your SUMO Wrestling costume

um...........noooooooooooooooooooooo...i just wanted to practice the 7 basic ballet movements.

GEE, thanks for this post but a little late for me!
I cut mine ...
Yup...I did!

:iamwithstupid:

As my Texas friend would say...

"Etch-a-Sketch, Etch-a-Sketch"

Just can't erase a pic like that...:bootyshake:

Man, I don't think I've ever seen a thread take a dive like this one did....on ANY board! lol

Auto Transport Service
Back