• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with Grant products?

bobs63wagon

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:58 PM
Reaction score
Started last May to get a Grant 3021 or 3001 quick release hub. Ordered from Summit and canceled it in Sept. because of non-stop backorders. Still not available. Now they say in January. Don't think so. Have been calling around and some suppliers are saying Grant is making them in China, not in the USA. Production issues over there. Suppliers having trouble getting Grant products. Not sure yet what I will wind up with, but will try and avoid Grant if possible. Any of you folks had recent experience with them? I can't believe I am the only one.

Started last May to get a Grant 3021 or 3001 quick release hub. Ordered from Summit and canceled it in Sept. because of non-stop backorders. Still not available. Now they say in January. Don't think so. Have been calling around and some suppliers are saying Grant is making them in China, not in the USA. Production issues over there. Suppliers having trouble getting Grant products. Not sure yet what I will wind up with, but will try and avoid Grant if possible. Any of you folks had recent experience with them? I can't believe I am the only one.

Why not go straight to the source? I recently called about a product and was taken care of in a very customer friendly way...http://www.grantproducts.com/contact-us

Why not go straight to the source? I recently called about a product and was taken care of in a very customer friendly way...http://www.grantproducts.com/contact-us
I did that years ago when trying to get a replacement horn cap for my factory steering wheel. I think it took almost a year before I finally got it! Not sure where it was made. The same part was used on several other factory wheels. It became a joke after a while. I sent them a request for an update with the following quote;" Have the Chinese children been born yet who are going to make it?" In this day and age it seems they and others only want to push what sells fast, which is understandable; but they shouldn't put everyone else on the back burner!

Don't know what the X was for, "old guys rule". Maybe you'll enlighten me. Here's my experience. I not only sold Grant products when I worked at a speed shop many, many years ago, but have used them on my race cars and street cars for almost 50 years. My current wheel has spokes that are painted with wrinkle black paint, thus requires a round foil adhesive disc for the horn button to ground against. The disc has gotten beat up over the years and I couldn't find a part number for a replacement. I was going to make one and decided to try emailing Grant's customer service department instead. I got a PHONE call back the next day. The rep said that they would mail one out that day, no charge. I received it two days later...

Don't know what the X was for, "old guys rule". Maybe you'll enlighten me. Here's my experience. I not only sold Grant products when I worked at a speed shop many, many years ago, but have used them on my race cars and street cars for almost 50 years. My current wheel has spokes that are painted with wrinkle black paint, thus requires a round foil adhesive disc for the horn button to ground against. The disc has gotten beat up over the years and I couldn't find a part number for a replacement. I was going to make one and decided to try emailing Grant's customer service department instead. I got a PHONE call back the next day. The rep said that they would mail one out that day, no charge. I received it two days later...
Did call Grant direct. The lady was very nice. She did say they changed suppliers for the quick release. Said they were just getting back into production. I was told some will be available in 30 to 45 days. So, as it's winter I can wait it out for awhile and see what happens. Nothing personal against Grant Products, but just wanted some answers. Would like to use the Grant hub, but will need to make a decision at some point. Many large companies are going through changes, Grant included.

The Grant GT wheel I had was flimsy as hot taffy. I accidentally bent it trying to get the back seat bottom out. I bought a Forever Sharp wheel for the El Camino.

I bought a Grant wheel earlier this year. Lovely wheel but after 9 months on the car the chrome horn cap is rusty, and not a little bit either. Having imported the wheel into the UK makes it hard to send it back... I'll probably clean it up and paint it.

Auto Transport Service
Back