• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHATS UR 66-67 REAR WHEEL WELL MODS

XMAN JR

Local time
3:06 PM
Reaction score
Who has put over size tires & wheels on the back of there 66-67 belvedere/ gtx ? What mods did you do to get them to fit ? Wheel well housings, rear end housing, leaf springs no leaf springs. Tire size wheel size Any pictures ?

I have not personally done it but axle relocation kit and a mini tub will be a popular answer.

In the day we trimmed the wheel wells and rolled them out from the tires. Raising the car also allowed for more tire. Today's restorations has us trying to go back to stock. And I might add we have no good parts to do that because AMD says they aren't popular enough.

AMD has decided they will make the full quarters at some point in the future. They said a few years time. There was a company which sold the quarter skins and they were terrible fitting. C2C sold them but they are believed to be sherman panels re branded.

AMD has decided they will make the full quarters at some point in the future. They said a few years time. There was a company which sold the quarter skins and they were terrible fitting. C2C sold them but they are believed to be sherman panels re branded.
Hope it's not to late for me, at 72 a few years could be an eternity. I would like to do one that I didn't have to cut up other cars to do it.

I installed Mancini Racing leaf spring relocation brackets and mini tubbed the wells into the frame. Gives me a full 15" of width.

1967 Coronet.

Moved the springs inboard, widened the tubs with a strip of sheet metal (body worked the inside, undercoated the bottom, used bed liner inside) and later went to Cal Trac components on my 66 SW.
Mike
047.JPG
IMG_1388.JPG

Cal tracs mini tubbed narrowed dana from Moser. 15-12 inch wheel with a 29/10.5w tire which measured 14 across

IMG952018051795161023157.jpg IMG_20180815_194842.jpg IMG_20180730_192453981.jpg IMG952018051795155539105.jpg IMG_20180815_195105.jpg

:thumbsup::bananadance::bananaweed:FATTIES!:fool::carrot::drinks:
Really wide tires look great on a lot of classic muscle cars, but in my opinion, B-body MOPARS demand wide rear tires, and with big fatties look better than all the rest!:moparsmiley:

Auto Transport Service
Back