• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel Cylinders

Longknife

Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
Are there any Suppliers that sell honest to goodness AMERICAN made wheel cylinders without the crappy metric bleeders for the rear of a 69RR ??????

In a word - no, there isn't.
Least not that I found when redoing my entire drum/drum system on my '68 GTX:
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...l-now-for-something-totally-different.218808/
The goal was to use nothing but USA-made parts, which I managed to do - but it took
a lot of scouring and searching and it took using older, but new parts from a variety of sources.
(The rear wheel cylinders were Wagner-Lockheeds in my case, sourced from Jack's in New Jersey).

Terry, I just ordered two, we will see!!!!
Please report back as I'm also tired of the import made parts. Thank you. I've found with NAPA, I pay more but about half the parts I get through them are USA made. Not so with the other discount auto parts places. Usually less than 10% of the parts through them are USA made.
Terry W.

Last edited:
NAPA online shows their 68 GTX wheel cylinders with USA on them. Is that a generic photo?
Terry W.
Since about 1.5 years ago, all NAPA wheel cylinders are now made in China unfortunately

Honing OEM cylinders is pretty easy and the rubber and spring kits are available fairly cheap.

...if they're not too far gone.

I've had pretty good luck doing that.

I had my old “made in USA” cylinders rebuilt and stainless steel sleeved by Karps in CA. They did my “made in USA” Master with a sleeve too. Doing this cost a hell of a lot more than buying new Chinese wheel cylinders. I hope it was worth it. I don’t know yet, as my newly rebuilt system is not working when the booster is connected to vacuum..

Well, The NAPA cylinders are CHINESE!!!!!!:wtf:
Yep, I could have told you that before you ordered them. You could try Craig, mobile parts, I believe is his username. I got some USA 7/8" cylinders from him, but at rhat time he didn't have any 15/16" if that's what you are looking for.

Well here is the scoop... China makes two versions of Mopar wheel cylinders. The ones That NAPA sells have a 1/28 thread bleeder with a 5/16 head, and the mounts are tapped for 5/16 bolts. They seem to be of decent quality. There is also another version of China made cylinders that come with the mounting bolts because they are threaded in a metric thread and also the bleeder is metric,,,These are real junk!!! IMHO,,,LK

Auto Transport Service
Back