• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel/ tire size ?

plymouthman

Local time
7:50 PM
Reaction score
Ok all , it's been a lonng time since I've been on here. And I'm still working on in my car.
For those of you who remember me my last post was about muy engine. Which i got finished. But became a heart ache and devastated me to the point of almost selling everything and giving up.
My old ex friend got pissed at me and put apiece of metal in the carb. Upon fireup it destroyed the engine. Cracked number 7 cylinder way. Anyway, I'm back into again.
And have aset of rims that i can get , they are 15x12. Car sitting on a jack at ride height i have 1 3/4" from rim to inner wheel well and 1 3/4" from wheel to outer wheel well lip. The wheel sits perfectly center. I want the biggest tire i can fit. Max tread very little bulge. What size would be best. Drag radial preferd.
Thanks in advance

You could take a look at Mickey Thompson Tires. They have a Sportsman SR 29x15R15LT that says it says it is 13" tread and 15" of section width and 29" OD. It is approved for 10 to 13" wide rims. Aggressive tread pattern street radial. They also have drag radials but less of a size choice. Good luck, I'd like to see a pic of whatever you come up with as I love big meats on a car. :)

Thank you multimopes ,
I have a set of 28x11.5x15s on it now and they are way too small. They were good til i mini tubbed it ,lol.
I would like to go with a 31 tall though.
With my set up ithink it looks really good with a tablet tire.
I tried a buddys wheel and tire and it fit up in the well.

Auto Transport Service
Back