• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheels & Tires

Local time
5:16 AM
Reaction score
Hi everybody out there in Mopar land, what I am looking for is some help on sizes of wheels
(Crager SS or torque thrust polished or chrome 15 x 7 ) what I have is a 1967 Plymouth satellite convertible 383 auto and I would like to know what any of you folks have put under these cars comfortably without rubs or scraping. I think I prefer to keep all four the same sizes for simplicity. I know that the rear are a real BEAR to get in the rear housing so I don't want to make life too difficult. If you have found a great combination that fits nice and looks great please let me know. Thank you all I am rather new to this thread stuff so I will try to keep up !

IM001852.JPG IM001851.JPG

My brother had a 67 Belvedere and I wanna say he had 245/60-15s on it and they worked out fine.

I just put 225/70 15's on the rear a 67 GTX, but I used 215/70 15's on the front. I don't think the 225's would have been a problem on the front. The rims were 15X7 magnums on all 4 corners. I think 3.5" back spacing. The rears will be tuff to change, but can still be done with a bumper jack on the side of the road if needed.

THANK YOU FOLKS , I kinda thought the 15x7 would be a good width but didn't know if i could go 60's or 70's series tires,

I had 225/70/15's on the front of my 65 without any problems.I would think the 67 would be the same.
Don, I have to say this... "No leather in Butler" WDVE radio from years ago..

Mine has 15x7 with 245-60-15s all the way around. Nothing rubs at any time. BUT to remove a rear tire I have to jack it up at the frame and let the suspension drop to be able to pull the tire / wheel out from under the quarter panel lip. A bumper jack would do the same thing if I had to

20210111_123051.jpg 20201020_131211.jpg

Thank You gtx6970 they look great on your car and thats what i keep looking to find out , i don't mind the lifting at the frame as long as they don't rub . do you have any idea what the backspacing of those wheels are ? they do seem to fill in those wheelwells quite nicely .
thanks again

I also have 245 60s on the rear of my 67.
4 .25 back spacing on a 7" steel wheel.
Nothing rubs.
Yes for sure there is room for a little more but I can swap a tire on the side of the road if needed.

do you have any idea what the backspacing of those wheels are ? they do seem to fill in those wheelwells quite nicely .
thanks again

So but I have no i idea the backspacing.

I have redline radials ordered so will have them back off in the next couple weeks and can measure them if needed
Bear in mind my car sits just a touch high in the back than most I see ,,,, so that may factor in if they rub or not.

Mine doesnt rub anywhere anytime even with 4 adults in it

Front 225 60 15 on a 15 X 7 with 4" BS
Rear 245 60 15 on a 15 X 8 with 5 1/4" BS ( I would do 5 1/8 next time)
No rubs .....
DSCF0346.JPG
DSCF0376.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back