• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When life shifts gears literally!

747mopar

Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
Been a bit MIA lately around here, life has shifted my interest lol. I bought a used Honda 250EX this past summer and all of a sudden the kids were finally interested in riding. My daughter has been begging for a bike for years, after seeing her last summer I knew she was serious so a bike she got and it all snowballed from there. My youngest having a Kamikaze approach to riding led to my current project, a Mad Max Kart then a rebuild on the 250EX and of coarse me buying another KX250 for myself. It's been 10 years for me but man did it feel could to hear that 2 stroke fire up!
20191110_105325.jpg
20191110_112813.jpg
20200106_213544.jpg

The Kart got a complete makeover, added double A arm front suspension, rear hyd disc brakes, custom adjustable pedals, a 4 point harness along with fenders and side skins.
20191111_183505.jpg
20191209_172840.jpg
20200111_113646.jpg

Will keep an eye out for a Hemi for the cart . . . I KNOW that you'll want to upgrade the thing soon ! ! !

Welcome back. I was wondering what happened to you. I used to see you post here a lot.

Lifes all about having fun. No matter what you do. And that would be fun.

Find the local Hare Scrambles Series, as Ohio has some GREAT Riding ! Get the kids into it, and You've All got some Great years ahead of You. We did that for years when our kids were growing up. You may want to pick up something for yourself, as it gets boring watching everyone else ride all day ! I still get out when I can, but the competition in the Super Senior Class is dwindling...
0922191518.jpg
0922191657.jpg

Find the local Hare Scrambles Series, as Ohio has some GREAT Riding ! Get the kids into it, and You've All got some Great years ahead of You. We did that for years when our kids were growing up. You may want to pick up something for yourself, as it gets boring watching everyone else ride all day ! I still get out when I can, but the competition in the Super Senior Class is dwindling...View attachment 900597 View attachment 900598
The KX250 is mine, hell I still have my old practice track in the front yard lol.

We all love riding also. We don't go near as often as we used to now that the kids are older we have 5 quads, all old school and 20 years old but all still going strong. I only have a couple of pictures of them though.

20161104_213747.jpg 20190419_104723.jpg

Looks like fun @747mopar

I went thru that faze a few times now
especially when the kids where around
I personally did the mini-bikes, go-carts, dirt bikes, then quads
until I was in my mid 50's
I was always a motion junky, if it wasn't cars, bikes or 4x4's,
or something with an engine or it was a 'dirt toy'

I don't have any now

I do miss it at times too

good luck & have fun

Rode an RM 250 for years.

That KX looks nice!

I too, love the sound of a 250cc 2 stroke.

Good for you!!! I had three soooooo many years ago. I rode with a friend who was semi pro, I got beat up trying to keep up!!! LOL. I wouldn't trade those days for nothing, even when I was on the ground looking up wondering if I was still alive!! Lol

I under stand also. I got the bug to build something different as well. I bought an old bike someone had started to make accustom out of. And I turned it into n old school type of chopper.
Before
DSCN0363.JPG

After
Finishd.JPG

And to infuriate the purists out there. LOL
DSCN0376.JPG

Some people have a Hog I have a piglet.
DSCN0390.JPG

The only difference is you will use yours. I will never get on this one.
Congrats being a gear head is more than just cars. Enjoy!

Good looking kid & nice to see him interested in mechanics & wrenching at that young an age.

:thumbsup:

20191111_183505-jpg.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back