• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When you say Chrysler Hemi...you've said it all!!!!!!!!

33imp , there is a guy running a white n red 55 ford in the southeast gassers with a 427 cammer with injected under the hood , and its a 4 spd as well , seen it run and beat 9 second flat cars in the 1/4 mile . it runs very hard in 1/8 racing as well . its call 'skairlane'

Seriously cool missil, thanks. I know s.e.gassers are on you tube, I'll see if I can find it. Props to him running one hard, much respect.

some of the ol' Briggs/Cunningham Sports cars
had Hemi's in them, the early Hemi's

Seen old photos of the Ford engine in magazines, seen the mystery hemi engine at the wpc museum when it opened.

cunningham was a cad engine prior to the use of the early chrysler hemis , but they kept that cad/lasal trans . it was strong but not enough for that hemi torque . many of the racers broke trannys .
52 Cunningham c2 on track.png
52 Cunningham c4r white on track.jpg
53 Cunningham -Briggs- c5 roadster.jpg
53 Cunningham c3 Hemi & Corvette combos.jpg
2007 Cunningham c7 Coupe $295,000.jpg

who does not like blown engines . got some in process in my shop . the wedge in the hotrod is changing to an early chrysler hemi with some other changes as well . and that wedge will make its way into a gasser .
DSC03448.JPG
DSC03432.JPG
DSC03403.JPG

that front axle and torsion bar suspension with those vintage american twelve spokes are going but to the austin banham altered roadster dragster project , it funny this axle came to me on a altered banham dragster chassi , lol .
DSC03441.JPG
and the 't' roadster will get a transverse spring , hairpins and a wider track chromed tube axle with spindles i can put binders on . i'll keep the rears on that roadster , might go with a different offset to widen the rear track as well .
DSC03442.JPG

A 32 ford (or maybe a model a on 32 rails and grill) with a half389 Pontiac with a 4/71, and a 1930 Chevy with a Wayne head six, 6/71, and two afb.
Missil, you said you were thinking about a four banger, 4/71, four door tub, and your 4spoke mags. I really hope you can do it, would be awesome!

20180908_112553.jpg 20180908_112514.jpg 20180908_112506.jpg 20180908_104244.jpg 20180908_104229.jpg 20180908_104210.jpg

yes , its an idea for that willysoverland tub . but i have some austin a40's as well . a four cylinder or a half hemi , i've got a kb block with issues .
DSC03616.JPG
DSC06653.JPG
DSC00113.JPG
with a 4 71 and those americans with make a wild gasser .

I think I remember seeing a salt flats car with half a hemi in it. I guess it can be done, I wouldn't begin to know how.

yes , that my buds buddy's car , it uses the same amount of fuel as it did as a v8 hemi . and it makes the same ponies too . it makes so much side thrust from the exhaust exiting on one side it pushes it sideways . there was a guy j roch in santa barbara that built that 4 cylinder . he did a lower end for my salt project , 354 into a 371 for xxo class 1959 n earlier motors only . he was working on a cooler for the exhaust exit on that car . to keep it straight , they turned the exhaust primeries tubes @ 90 deg to the rear of the car , it would glow those tubes white and there would crack on the cool down . j was building a exhaust manifold water box so water could be pumped through it ''to keep them at cherry red , lol'' . j roch (quote) he was a master and will be missed , sorry to say his expertise went with him .

yes , that my buds buddy's car , it uses the same amount of fuel as it did as a v8 hemi . and it makes the same ponies too . it makes so much side thrust from the exhaust exiting on one side it pushes it sideways . there was a guy j roch in santa barbara that built that 4 cylinder . he did a lower end for my salt project , 354 into a 371 for xxo class 1959 n earlier motors only . he was working on a cooler for the exhaust exit on that car . to keep it straight , they turned the exhaust primeries tubes @ 90 deg to the rear of the car , it would glow those tubes white and there would crack on the cool down . j was building a exhaust manifold water box so water could be pumped through it ''to keep them at cherry red , lol'' . j roch (quote) he was a master and will be missed , sorry to say his expertise went with him .
Couldn't the exhaust be directed straight back to avoid side thrust?

yes it is , it was turned 90 deg's to the rear . thus the need for that cooler on the exhaust flange of the head to headers .

Auto Transport Service
Back