• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are the door handles or how do u get out of 65 Ply Belvedere inside front seat

Wizard

Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
How do u get out of the front seat on a 4 door 65 Ply belvedere? Can't see or find anywhere on both doors where a door handle goes to open door?? Door panel and door handles were off when I got this door. I am cuttin up the car and trying to seave the doors or from using a torch to get them off

Thnks

Wizard

Are any of the interior guts of the door remaining? If no, doors wouldn't be staying closed unless the post latches are still somehow intact. If guts are there you find a conspicuous splined knob where the door handles fit about mid-way forward at elbow level. If you use a pliers or vice-grips on the knob or cover it with a rag so as not to marr the splines pull it rearward and door should open.

1965-plymouth-belvedere

Feel around inside the door for a rod and pull on it.

View attachment 998153

View attachment 998154

View attachment 998157
I pulled on the rod on drivers door and got the door open no problem. Thanks for the info. I tried the same thing on the passenger door and I cant get it open. Could be that I have the car on some tires in the middle of car and that it is creating the body being twisted somewhat and not allowing the door to open. but I dont feel the lever moving like driver side. Also the rear passenger door has the door handle on it and can push the door handle down but cannot get that door to open either. Gonna try to have some help with rear passenger door tommorow and with someone yanking on it and me on inside pushing on it while holding door handle down

check your rods they might not be hooked.

check your rods they might not be hooked.
Got the passenger back door open. Just needed some kicking from inside. Pass front door still jammed shut but gonna cut back half of car off today or tommorow will take the weight off

Auto Transport Service
Back