• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where can I find this?...

Hilljack68

Local time
12:12 PM
Reaction score
I tried finding this on the interweb, but I'm not even sure what it's called. It's the rubber seal that the door AND quarter glass close against (68 Coronet 2dr hardtop). Who carries replacements?

IMG_1932.JPG

Looks like you're pointing at the drip rail seal. What year and car ? Try Metro or SoftSeal, both have a large selection of seals.

Just remember, all of these parts places sell the same thing, but only one or two manufacturers
actually make them! The challenge is finding who makes the best product through word of mouth.
I bought products from SoftSeal in the past and thought they were very well made. I don't know about
now though. Someone here should have a good opinion.

There is actually three different manufactures that I am aware of. Pricing generally runs from $65 to $170 depending upon the manufacture. Steele Rubber will be the most expensive and has a limited number of vendors selling their product. Metro Super Soft is probably the most well known and Soff Seal is the third choice.

We actually stock the seals from all three of the manufactures as we have different customers with different needs. With that said, I will say that none of the reproduction door or roof rail seals are as good as the originals. From having been involved in the manufacturing and selling all of this weatherstripping, nothing beats the quality of the originals. If at all possible on the roof rail seals, I prefer good used ones. All 68 to 70 B-Body hardtops used the same roof rail seal, so they are out there.

If your satisfied with the reproduction parts, the Metro piece is generally a softer material where as the Soff Seal piece has more of a correct profile. Both areas can impact the sealing capabilities of the seal. This is where getting the door glass properly installed and aligned is critical in getting a good seal.

Also on a 68 to 70 B-Body, the two door coupe / sedan uses a different seal than the hardtop variety. We have had customers mistakenly buy the the wrong piece not knowing that they are different.

Hope that this helps.

Thanks Richard - always appreciate your expertise. Yeah, several times during this build it's been a matter of "do I restore or replace?" I always shoot for restore, if I can. Thanks again - and to the rest of you guys too. Today's project (after coffee)… pulling the windshield trim and glass. I'll ponder the roof rail weatherstrip later.

Auto Transport Service
Back