• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

Nowhere yet but going outside at work today has given me a chubby, Jan and it's beautiful outside... feels like Spring. I'm going home and getting the Charger out!:thumbsup:

The reason for this Thread has nothing to do with driving 10 or a 100 miles, it's about sitting in your car looking over the hood, the smell, the feel and even just rolling down the drive way. It's a car thing that only we understand. To me the view of some of you guys hoods through the windshield is enough for me.

Had mine out the other day on Saturday mid 50's & sunny. Sitting on the porch with the dog.

20150809_200311.jpg

I can't wait for summer. With all the sweet rides and different parts of the country everyone lives in we should all get a free vacation in every part of this country and most importantly a free ride in some of the best cars this country has to offer!!

We went South on 29,
past the white eucalyptus tree with the gigantic goiter (burl if you prefer)
BF7B9DF1-9F84-425A-9CB6-CE95F63D1A20.png
D50F2B56-25D0-4CA8-8135-4D555C32397C.png
302F9961-1553-4E1C-814E-97817B361B50.png
& on to......
56AC38AC-E281-4E77-B829-3E5ECABDCD35.jpeg

WALMART!
Except for that it was a wonderful day:thumbsup:
9E2561F9-E9DA-428D-9373-F65C00D8E4E6.jpeg

I tried to get rid of my old pickup for 400 bucks back on Friday.

It had been hit late last year and totaled out. The most valuable parts on it were the wheels and tires. I wasn't real sure what to do with it, and didn't have the heart to scrap it, nor the time to fix it up, and so it sat.

During the weekend's blizzard, I managed to get my Magnum R/T AWD stuck in snow drifts twice, and just barely made it back to the farm. I needed to leave again to meet my girlfriend for Sunday dinner, and road conditions were getting worse by the minute. The only choice left was my crashed up '86 Dodge Pickup.

In sub-zero temperatures with a choke that didn't work, that piece of crap old truck slowly cranked to life! First it ran on a couple cylinders, then another, then another, and finally all eight were firing!

Parked axle deep in a snow drift, I yanked the right stick into 4-high, then clunked the shifter on the NP435 into the non-syncro'd granny 1st gear. It seemed like every system in the truck was howling, clicking, or groaning in complaint from being woken up. Slowly but surely, it clawed its way out of the drift and off we went down the road.

It performed flawlessly the rest of the day leaving me with a new appreciation for my old Dodge.

DSC02007.JPG

Just around the neighborhood...

Took the neighbors son (6 y/o) for a quick ride
& got a bunch of thumbs up thou...

been raining & snowing here for the past couple weeks

was good to get the ol' girl out of the garage

Last edited:
All the fun I was having ended a few weeks ago. Snow and rain has been steadily coming without a big enough break to take Cora out for a run. I'm tired of all this and I need an infusion of the smell of gas and fast or I may not make it. LOL

Hey-O, you keep sweet Cora in her bed until the snow melt and dirt are gone or I...I...I'll do something!

Auto Transport Service
Back