• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where do you buy your cheapo internet tires?

SteveSS

Local time
1:54 PM
Reaction score
The '70 GTO/Tempest drag car has a really cool stance that I'd like to keep. Remember this is a street/strip car that's mostly strip. I'm not going to race it but the tires on it are ancient, I wouldn't feel safe driving them 10 miles. All I want is something that won't explode. I'll sell the car as soon as I'm done with the stuff I want to do to it. It has P235/60R15's front and P295/50R15's rear. I even called some used tire places in town but they don't have those sizes. Have you ever found a slammin' deal on buying tires from the internet?

This
3cars.jpg
is the only photo I have, I'll try to take more. I love deep-dish mags!

You may try your fly-by-night local tire outlets
as they pick up discontuned brands and tire
sizes. Some of their tires will be brands
or names no one has ever heard of.
The one thing in your favor is all tires must
adhere to DOT specifications if sold in the
US. Beware of how long these tires have sat
on a tire rack. Dealers of this caliber only
care about making a buck.
You also have the option of getting your
tires as recapped. A market few tap these
days.

Last edited:
Cheap tires, that's like looking for cheap groceries.

My son just got some cheap 255/40zr18's for the back of his Lexus IS350 from Walmart.
He had to order them , took a couple of days to come in.
I don't remember the brand, made in Thailand, they look ok.
About 100 each

I have bought from Wall - Mart. Most tires can be shipped for free to your nearest store, OR your house. IF that store has a tire department they will MOUNT those tires for free. Balancing, stems , road hazard are extra if you go that route. Depending on the tires bought, I usually pull my rims, clean and or repaint them, and head over about an hour or less, from tire department closing time. Less busy and the fellas don't mind doing the quick job, mounting new tires on clean rims. And at my last visit they only charged $1.50 per tire for disposal fees. My land fill fee in now $3.50.
That said, a certain brand and model tire that I have bought over ten sets have been slowly bumping up in price....started out about $48.00 a tire and went up to $62 per tire. Those nothing special tires are $153 each now. They could not tell me why this massive jump in price in less than six weeks.....crazy stuff happening now......

While doing the rear brakes on my daily driver FCA Dart recently, I noticed the rear tires had some cracks on the inside sidewall.
The front tires are about 20K miles newer, so I only needed 2 new tires, and didn’t want to “mix” brands on my car.
I was about to buy a pair of tires from Tire Rack, when I had the thought I’d check Amazon first before I clicked “buy”.
I found my tires on Amazon for $20 a tire cheaper. Not a huge Amazon fan, but $40 is $40!
A UPS truck dropped them off at my house 2 days later.
So make sure you check Amazon for best prices on tires.

Discount tire is a good place and I've never had an issue with their rebates and I'm not a cardholder. They also give you a 10% veteran discount as well, which can be stacked with other offers, you just have to ask for it.

I have been buying my tires lately from my local Walmart. (I buy NOTHING on the interweb).
Started my walmart tire buying experience by buying a couple perfect tires for my shoebox Chevy 17s, off the clearance rack. $170ea nitto g2. I offered $70 apiece (they were marked $80), and they accepted. One time only deal, but I was happy.
Since, I have bought 17" cooper's for my pickup, special order 16s for my z28(that's a story I won't go into here) and short skinny goodyear fronts for my 62, all from a local walmart. No complaints.
Like everything else, tires have skyrocketed in price.

The '70 GTO/Tempest drag car has a really cool stance that I'd like to keep. Remember this is a street/strip car that's mostly strip. I'm not going to race it but the tires on it are ancient, I wouldn't feel safe driving them 10 miles. All I want is something that won't explode. I'll sell the car as soon as I'm done with the stuff I want to do to it. It has P235/60R15's front and P295/50R15's rear. I even called some used tire places in town but they don't have those sizes. Have you ever found a slammin' deal on buying tires from the internet?

This View attachment 1309932is the only photo I have, I'll try to take more. I love deep-dish mags!
Robot or human?
Robot or human?

Click on the links. Don't know is says that!

Don't think Firestone makes the Firehawk in 15" other than a 235 for a couple years now. That would mean that any wide Firehawks are old. Looked at the Firestone website, but got tired of their search hole.
I was thinking about them as they look a lot like my Polyglass G-60's that have no tread for some reason.

Auto Transport Service
Back