• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where does postive battery cable bracket mount?

Fran Blacker

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:48 PM
Reaction score
My 66 Satellite has never had (since I've owned it) the positive cable bracket that hold cable away from exhaust. Need to know where it goes. Don't know if the bracket mount in a different location with a Hemi that's what I have.

Hi Fran, This is NOT a Hemi car, wishes, wishes, anyway, is this the one you are looking for? Best, B.

IMG_4457.jpg

If so, here is where the screw comes through on the Fender Side. Below where the end of the Tap Measure begins is the opening to get to the Suspension Bolts. Let me know if you need something else. Best. B.

IMG_4460.jpg

Kinda looks right to me(?).

Bolts to rear of cylinder head. It works good.

1D4D65E9-7278-4C02-A5F4-E6726987A6FB.jpeg

a better picture. Sorry I’m copying from a PC so quality is bad. 38A084D5-5BE7-4165-B703-B73C2F99F2C3.png

Last edited:
Never had a 66 Hemi car, but I do know that they had the relay panel on the fender well and I'm not sure you had a positive battery cable bracket on the fender well. @R413 had the one on the back of the head pictured. Does the FSM show anything?

Never had a 66 Hemi car, but I do know that they had the relay panel on the fender well and I'm not sure you had a positive battery cable bracket on the fender well. @R413 had the one on the back of the head pictured. Does the FSM show anything?
Looked SM and parts book nada. Sassypants and R413 answered it.
Thanks to all for answers.

I am wiring my 426 hemi Positive battery cable now and need a picture or two showing its routeing from the firewall next to the exhaust manifold to the battery. I have the wiring schematic but it dose not show just the battery + cable its self in my 1967 Coronet. I see that there is a bracket mounted off the back side of the head. What is the bracket called? The wiring harness has the starter relay lead. Where is the start relay mounted (firewall or fender) this car did not start its life with the hemi but a 440? Any help would be appreciated. Mike

Hi Mike, I have a 66 Coronet, 361. So, it could be a bit different from what you need for the Hemi. That said, you can look above. Here is the routing for the 66. Please let me know if you need more. Best. B.

IMG_4452.jpg
IMG_4456.jpg
IMG_4453.jpg
IMG_4455.jpg

The hemi is a whole different animal... with a braided heat covering that is held-up with a brace off the back side of the head to the firewall.

The B+ cable has 2 wires coming off the starter that goes to the starter relay and being a 4spd has several long wires going to the transmission switch also. One wire for the oil pressure sending unit.

bat cable.jpg

I did find this wiring and brackets but not on the fender side. Mike
18-Copy-1.jpg
33-Copy.jpg
31-Copy.jpg
for the 1971 hemi.

Here are some more pics if anyone needs them.

20170319_130259.jpg

20170319_130315.jpg

20170319_130413.jpg

20170319_130359.jpg
20170319_130413.jpg

Last edited:
As Fran said, '66 Hemi only bracket. And yes, as far as I know that's all original. Other than the cheesy bolt-on positive clamp. I took these pics when I was replacing the original positive cable with a reproduction from Frank Badalson. You can see the new one laying in the battery tray waiting to be installed.

So where is the horn and starter relays located on a 1967 hemi? Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back