• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where does this part go to ??

acii

Local time
1:51 AM
Reaction score
Hy together..

i am currently ordering some metall for my 68 charger ....like usual need to replace also some parts at the rear window..

So pls let me know.....where this part goes to ?? see below

would be great if you can make me a picture of the area where it goes to ?

big thx
CU
Achim

upload_2020-10-3_16-15-29.png

Looks like it's the lower left corner of the back window....Deck filler piece but I could be wrong....

correct ... but i dont know where exactly ?? is this a part of the substructur of the deck filler panel ??

Sorry i have absolutly no clue...

Thx
achim

Never worked on a 2nd gen Charger so....maybe someone who has done body work in that area will chime in soon.

this is the description of classic industries

upload_2020-10-3_17-24-25.png

this is the description of classic industries

View attachment 1009667
That pretty much tells you exactly where it goes.....to me, it's the window channel that the glass goes into with the window gasket. The corners usually rust out on most of the cars that ChryCo built as there's no place for the water to go once it gets in that area.

Left side shown:
IMG_20201004_154118161.jpg
IMG_20201004_154542891~2.jpg
The left arrow points to the part you asked about. The right arrow points to the part pictured below.

IMG_20201004_160053188_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20201004_160106517_HDR~2.jpg

The arrow below points to the deck panel which is the piece that runs from the rear window frame to the forward gutter of the trunk opening. It looks like this deck panel turns down and attaches to the lower window frame pictured above.
IMG_20201004_160331066~2.jpg

I don't believe the AMD corner pieces are substructure. I believe they are intended as patches for the window channel corners. I bet it's a pain to join to the deck panel and make it look nice.

If your rear window channel is in really poor shape, then you might want to replace the entire deck panel, the lower window frame piece pictured above along with the left and right corners.

Hope this helps and good luck.

@Kern Dog has probably repaired the rear window channel on one of his Chargers. He might chime in if he isn't too busy.

By the way, AMD did a terrible job packing my order. Both lower corner pieces and the lower frame were out of their plastic bags and rattling around in a box full paper packing material that was not protecting the pieces. Luckily, the only damage was a small bend on one end of the lower window frame. Maybe they pack their international orders better than domestic orders?

I bought the parts as "spares"...just in case; and who knows how long these parts will be available from AMD.

I started the Rear window rust removal here:

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/lookie-what-5000-buys-you.178346/page-18

Mine was done with patch panels that I made myself. Trying to get AMD pieces can be difficult when you don't make a HUGE order. Some of the local dealers wait until they order $10,000 worth of stuff to get FREE shipping. Otherwise, the individual shipping charges are a bummer.
Bought mine all through Summit. Great shilling costs and quick to receive

thanks for all ur answers.. i also got an feedback out of facebook
Here some pics.... i guess this is the area it should go to..

upload_2020-10-14_16-19-31.png

@ Delta V
thx for the pictures as well !! i have to replace this part as well.... and didnt know that this metall is also available @AMD

Auto Transport Service
Back