• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where does this part go???

Kimodc

Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
16319270-4488-406B-9AC1-02CCA162EC9A.jpeg

I purchased my car somewhat assembled, with a trunk full of parts. I have found where many of the parts belong, but this particular one has me stumped.....help anyone? 1969 Sport Satellite

Bolts to the underside of the chassis rail on the driver side. A shield for the starter motor. Should be a rubber splash sheild around the horseshoe opening.

It goes behind the tire on drivers side. The cut out is the front and it’s for the tie rod sleeve to pass through. Rubber Is missing around that cut out, not a big deal.

I see where it goes! Thank you, I don’t think I would have figured that one out by myself. Does anyone make the rubber that goes in the cut out?

Thank you again. My car was an automatic, now a 4 speed.....but it looks like the DMT has them pictured on a manual car, so I will go ahead an install it. I appreciate the help... this forum is great!

Only used on automatics. Also for the masticated rubber seal, there was two different variations. I guess it was a vendor thing as there is no rhyme to reason which one was found on the car.

Thank you again. My car was an automatic, now a 4 speed.....but it looks like the DMT has them pictured on a manual car, so I will go ahead an install it. I appreciate the help... this forum is great!
Funny, DMT lists it for auto cars in the title, but the pic is on a 4-speed. Bet Jim didn't catch that......

I can never figure out why on automatics only. Is it not called a starter protection shield? Why standards get no love.. lol

I've never seen one on a car, probably like bumper jacks... first thing to go.

I've had a lot of them from automatic cars but my buddy has a 71 Cuda 383 4-spd a/c that had one when he bought it over 30 years ago. Maybe was added but does have the correct screws.

Last edited:
I can never figure out why on automatics only. Is it not called a starter protection shield? Why standards get no love.. lol

I've never seen one on a car, probably like bumper jacks... first thing to go.
Good question. I thought maybe it didn't fit around the z-bar and rods, but apparently it does by DMT's pic. Only car I have seen with one was my Super Bee. Sold the shield because I turned it into a stick shift.

Auto Transport Service
Back