• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

where to buy 70 charger interior

sawdoff

Local time
2:27 PM
Reaction score
My charger has been gutted. The p.o. was making an open hardtop nascar tribute. Even the dash frame was gone. He had taped all the holes shut and bondoed them. Even closed the window channels. I have started collecting pieces but was wondering where to get a complete interior. All the plastic. All the covers, door panels, kick panels. I mean every piece available. I can find them all online individually but anybody marketing a kit to save me time and money? This car deserves to be put back together. Help

What do you want to spend? I have a 70 r/t with seats, dash, console, door panels, a lot of its there, just needs to be restored, but I am going to restore that car when I am done with the bee... I could possibly be drifted to sell it for the right price...

BUT the best way to buy it is probably piece by piece, what is your original interior code on the fender tag? color and style?

So you need the entire dash, frame, cluster, pad, bezels, lower trim, radio, glove box, wiring harness, heater control, ash tray, map light, etc?
I have lists from when I put everything together from my cars..

pillar covers, kick panels, coat hangers, door panel lowers, door panel uppers, rear door panels, 8pc arm rests bases and pads, int door handles, window cranks, window crank base washers, door lock pins, door lock bezels, carpet, dome light,
Headliner, headliner teeth , headliner pad, front windshield headliner trim, side door headliner trim, headliner bows, 5 pc rear window trim, package tray, pt jute,
headliner cups for the bows, headliner clips, door panel clips, headliner rear wires, screw kits, seat frames, seat rails, aluminum seat side covers, seat covers, seat foams, seat install kits,
I know my bee's dash (which was complete needing resto) cost me thousands to restore, just all the little clips and screws kits were a couple hundred for the interior, then wiring another $600 or so, dash, dome light, console, after buying all the relays, seat covers, and door panels for the 70 charger gets expensive because of them upper pads(a friend of mine just bought a set of front and back for $900 lol), could cost another $1400 depending on what you have, seats needing resto probably $600 or so...

I hate to say this but you may be better off buying a car you find with a complete gut, and selling what you dont need, I put a couple interiors together for 68-70 b-bodies and I am going to guess, you are looking at $10K+ for show and $5K+ for driver...

A better option may be to go custom, I have done custom hot rod ford interiors for much much less than any mopar gut has cost me... Get some card/wood stock and make the door panels with some padding, piping, and vinyl, get some donor seats, a carpet for $90, and headliner for $70, a dash frame, some new gauges fit in with carbon fiber or aluminum plate, a painless wiring kit, a package tray, and you can make almost everything out of vinyl covered card/wood stock, kick panels, dash pad, pillars, visors, etc...

It adds up so fast, I am into my seat belts for over $600 after buying the bolts, belts, covers, etc... I think the interior on my 70 bee is past $10K right now, and I had 90% of it!!!, lol... IMO, start looking and doing the math, see what makes sense for you, finding someone with a gut all together that wants to sell it, is tough.. I have 90% of that chargers gut, rallye dash, cluster with tic toc tac, buckets, rear seat, console, door panels and tops, arm rests, most seat belt stuff, kick panels, pillars, visors, etc. and it would all need restoration of course, its 45+ years old... It is high black bucket console interior, fender tag says c16 h6x9....

I have a lot of it wrapped in plastic...

hi try Pro Fit upholstery in ALA. their # is 256-835-7107 I just ordered a complete interior for a 70 super bee plus 2 other cars prices are good and workman is too! same materials as Legendary but a little less money

ya I was thinking about 4500. I have found a dash frame. have the cluster. I have a few blue pieces including glove box. have a black glove box and 3 uppers. of course missing the driver. I have 2 sets of 70 buckets. one from a satellite and one from an e. I could rob parts from my satellite but don't really want too. I have a guys number who changed his rt from blue to black but I would rather have black so I can paint car the color I want. there was no fender tag or build sheet. I have figured out it must be a base model. its a 318 car and appears to came with a bench seat. I haven't found a dealer who sales a complete kit like ausleys does for my chevelle. I have considered the custom route but if I can put it back right I would rather.

- - - Updated - - -

hi try Pro Fit upholstery in ALA. their # is 256-835-7107 I just ordered a complete interior for a 70 super bee plus 2 other cars prices are good and workman is too! same materials as Legendary but a little less money

do they have a website I can check out before calling?

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to say I think the wiring is all there. I have it rigged up to start and yard drive. I need to get back out there and go thru all my boxes to make sure what all ive gathered up.

So if you have seats, a dash frame, cluster, and wires, $4500 shouldnt be too far off...
I would just make a list and peace it together since you have some of the larger stuff...
pillars can be had for $100
a set, kicks for $60,
$100 for the 3 piece headliner moldings,
$100 for the rear windows moldings,
$200 for headliner and its, bows, clips and pads,
$100 for a carpet,
$75 for thresholds,
$100 for handles and knobs,
$100 for package tray and jute
$700 seat covers
$800 for upper door panels
$450 lower door panels
$220 arm rests
$400 seat belts
all of that is under $3500, leaves you $1000 to refinish your dash, console, and column. If you use the 30% off coupons from classic and year one, you can easily get it done, I got my seat belts for under $300 from classic during one of their sales... Half the fun is tracking down and ordering the parts..

thanks for the advise seventy. im think of selling my 05 unlimited rubicon to pay for a paint job. that gives me time to get this together.

Auto Transport Service
Back