• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy parts?

firstgenfan66!

Local time
9:37 AM
Reaction score
I have a bunch of random parts I am having trouble finding. I know a lot of people here are probably in the same boat. We are kind of competing for these haha. Buf if anyone knows where to find unique parts let me know. I have only been looking on Ebay motors really.

Also tips on cleaning pot metal, chrome, stainless steel, that has been sitting for a long time and developed pitts that are pretty bad? Or who to send these parts to to get redone if possible?

Thanks!

Do you have a list of the items that you are looking for?

For chrome and pot metal all you can do is re plate. On the Stainless you will need to sand the pits and scratched. Start with 400 grit and work your way up to 2000 or 2500 grit then use a buffer with the rouge clay bar and then white bar.

Thanks
James

For rechroming diecast parts, you might talk to Bill Petrow, Special T's Unlimited. 847-255-5494 He's not cheap, but top quality. He actually specializes in 62-65 B bodies, but I know he does other parts.

Do you have a list of the items that you are looking for?

Well kind of frustrated now. I just got mailed my center console but I think it is a 67 Charger Console but they showed the 66 that would match mine. Ordered it from Ebay and can't do anything about it. So I will try to resell it.
Parts I need,
-good condition Wing Vent Frames with window and rubber
-Tail light outer trim and the center R
-chrome trim clips like the ones for all the way down the car rail?
-headliner
-dash pad... Mine was cracked anyone have ideas on what to do here anything custom?
-Windshield that has blue or blacktint. Mine is ok but small scratches and gold tint... will sell if interested.
-Windshield rubber gasket (are there better quality ones out there or ones to stay away from)?
-Rear windshield rubber

For rechroming diecast parts, you might talk to Bill Petrow, Special T's Unlimited. 847-255-5494 He's not cheap, but top quality. He actually specializes in 62-65 B bodies, but I know he does other parts.

How do you clean the ones that a magnet wont stick to? they pitted pretty bad and I cant seem to clean them

Also looking for information on quieting the cab? I heard people out insulation mat down under the carpet thoughts?

Where is a good place to buy quality carpet for this car as well? I found some on Ebay but seems a little sketchy?

Thank you!

For quieting the cab many things can be done. We have a product that work well against heat and sound. Here is a link.

http://p-s-t.com/i-23161257-thermal....html#!year=1971||make=PLYMOUTH||model=DUSTER

Or another option is a coating called Lizard skin. It is a sprayable ceramic coating. It does really well on sound and heat control. It can be sprayed within the doors and trunk to help. I have used it on a number of restoration.

Thanks
James

For quieting the cab many things can be done. We have a product that work well against heat and sound. Here is a link.

http://p-s-t.com/i-23161257-thermal-sound-deadening-mat-silver-series.html#!year=1971||make=PLYMOUTH||model=DUSTER

Or another option is a coating called Lizard skin. It is a sprayable ceramic coating. It does really well on sound and heat control. It can be sprayed within the doors and trunk to help. I have used it on a number of restoration.

Thanks
James

Which product would you recommend over the other? I checked the link out and it says a plymouth duster car do you have other cars available or does it make much of a difference?

Its a universal product. Just the last car that I looked at on our site was a Duster. Preference depends on the person. The lizard skin can be messy to apply but gets in every area possible. But the mat will work well to. I normally use lizard skin on cars that completely apart so I do not have to worry about taping off so much and the mat on assembled cars

Thanks
James

Dynamat is decent for heat and sound. You can get better deals on rolls of it on Amazon. It's a universal product and can be applied in sections. It lays down pretty easy and is sticky back stuff so it adheres well.

I might be interested in your console I have a 68 rt charger, I think it might be the same got any pics? I need one. is it complete? thanks.

I might be interested in your console I have a 68 rt charger, I think it might be the same got any pics? I need one. is it complete? thanks.

Not complete... It is just the top plate. It is completely restored. Looks real nice just wont match the rest of mine that goes to the back seats. I will post a picture after work.

Not complete... It is just the top plate. It is completely restored. Looks real nice just wont match the rest of mine that goes to the back seats. I will post a picture after work.
Sounds good

I might be interested in your console I have a 68 rt charger, I think it might be the same got any pics?
20160922_224640.jpg

By the way nice Charger! that was my dream car for awhile got any pics? I found this 66 and did research and liked what I saw. The interior sold it for me and the price was right, couldn't find a 68 in my price range.

By the way nice Charger! that was my dream car for awhile got any pics? I found this 66 and did research and liked what I saw. The interior sold it for me and the price was right, couldn't find a 68 in my price range.
thanks, took me five years to find mine, it was an old 1/4 mile car with two nitrous tanks in the trunk and a fuel cell got lucky it wasnt tubbed. now its been two years since disassembly, but its come along way, and its ate up tons of cash that i didnt have all at once to buy one already done, plus i learned alot and met some good fellow moparions on the way, so plate looks good what do you need to get out of it ?

20160910_122053.jpg

I have a set of decent vent windows from a 66 belve 4 door, I believe they are the same.

How do you clean the ones that a magnet wont stick to? they pitted pretty bad and I cant seem to clean them
You can't polish out all the little spots an pits, that I know of. They'll need to be rechromed. The more pitting you have the more expensive it is. Probably cheaper to find better pieces.

Auto Transport Service
Back