• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

where to find a speedomter cable for 1964 torqueflight transmission?

Evan Frucht

Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
where can I find a speedometer cable for my 1964 fury. original 318 pushbutton torqueflight. the cable is roughly 6 feet or so.

does anyone make these new, or do I have to find a used one?

I bought one that said it would fit my 64 fury, but now that im trying to install it i can see its wrong. its got a different style end on the transmission side

I don't know if 64 and 65 are the same, but I've been told that a speedometer cable from a '68 Camaro will fit a 65 Belvedere.

I've ordered 65 parts for my 64 when there was no listing for a 64. The only one so far that didn't come close was the brake booster.
I've been told a 68 Camaro speedo cable will fit an A833.

I've ordered 65 parts for my 64 when there was no listing for a 64. The only one so far that didn't come close was the brake booster.
I've been told a 68 Camaro speedo cable will fit an A833.
Like 64 BEL said, call Joe Suchy. I got mine there.

Yes, '68 Camaro fits the later, bigger 727 and 833 speedo drive. Perfect length, too. Not sure what your '64 has. Can you get a pic?

The '62-'65 speedo cable end is different than the '66-later.

Speedogear.jpg

thanks, that is the correct one. I ended up just fixing the leak on my old beat up cable and just reused it. because those are so pricy, I figured my old cable is probably fine to use for now... it just doesn't look to hot! if they were cheaper I might of said screw it and just bought a new one. but as they say- " if it ain't broke don't fix it."

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back