where to find a windshield wiper motor for 67 Coronet

Electrical & Ignition

1. ratty

ratty Member

Local Time:
    12:42 AM
    hey guys, my wiper motor died on my 67 4-dr Coronet 440 (318)... i tested it to make sure it wasn't an electrical input issue, and disconnected the arms to verify it wasn't a binding issue... even disconnected the 'parking' wires and just tried to get it to work, but the most it'll do is move for a half inch and then stop... motor does get hot though if I leave it on, so I was thinking the motor was fine and there was some other issue, like maybe a worn bushing or something.. will have to take it apart and see if what shape the rotor, brushes, etc. is in... But I live in a very rainy area and the car is my daily driver, so I'm trying to find a replacement quickly (expecting a reman of course)... but have had little luck so far, any ideas where i can find one? RainX only works so well for so long! thanks!

2. ratty

ratty Member

Local Time:
    also for reference, it seems my car has the 3-speed wiper motor that from what I can see, wasn't available in '67 (not until '69 or 70 I think)

3. Fran Blacker

Fran Blacker FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    Look in the ads Mopar Parts cars/ Parting out. Put a want to buy ad in WTB Cars/Parts.

4. RT K_line

RT K_line Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:42 PM
    I had to take mine apart and reinsulate the wires. The insulation had disintegrated and wires were touching. Silicone worked and it Works fine now.

5. ratty

ratty Member

Local Time:
    thanks Fran

6. ratty

ratty Member

Local Time:
    yeah I'm gonna pull it off this weekend and take her apart and see what kind of shape it's in... no point in not trying as it's of no use at the moment anyway, it's either beyond help or like yours, just needs some minor fixes... thanks RT

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.