• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to find paint

blk/wht 69 RR

Local time
9:24 PM
Reaction score
I'm thinking of trying my hand at repainting my roadrunner. For all of you experts out there, where is a good place to find Vitamin C color? I've found a couple places and they only make it in metallic. It does not have to match anything since I am changing colors. I would just like something close to the original color the factory used in a single stage paint. Thanks in advance.

Well EK2 does have metallic in it from Chrysler so that’s a good sign.

Like R413 said, just ask for paint color "EK2" and you should be able to find somebody that can mix that color. Paint is all "tint-to-order"....so, you just need a painter who has the "EK2 recipe" to blend your orange. Easy peasy

Interesting. Having sprayed it, I know EV2 orange has metallic in it, but I always assumed Vitamin C did not. It just doesn't look like it.

Now that I have learned something for the day, I can go back to idle on my brain.

TCP Global can mix what ever you want to the exact color you want by using the original paint chips the manufacturer used.

Vitamin C has a small amount of metallic. Just finished my road runner in vitamin c with Glasurit single stage enamel. Then ended up having it cleared over.

complete exterior.jpg

I'm thinking of trying my hand at repainting my roadrunner. For all of you experts out there, where is a good place to find Vitamin C color? I've found a couple places and they only make it in metallic. It does not have to match anything since I am changing colors. I would just like something close to the original color the factory used in a single stage paint. Thanks in advance.
Enter your location into the website and find one of the authorized ppg jobbers near you.

Then, from paintref, provide the jobber with THEIR code which is 2201.

Don't waste anyone's time asking for EK2, refinish is 99.999% late model repair and .0001% restoration, they are not going to know what you're talking about if it's more than like 3 years old.

The best jobbers will have the same color available in different product lines to suit different budgets.

I would never recommend any single stage metallic for a beginner. Your technique and setup has to be perfect and you only get one chance to get it right. Base/clear metallic is much more forgiving of minor application or setup inconsistencies and allows a couple extra opportunities for repair of inevitable errors.

Good luck

Then ended up having it cleared over.
If you're gonna have it cleared over you may as well shoot base/clear to begin with !!

Really, base/clear is the way to go - especially shooting a metallic. Any imperfections like runs, etc. are easily sanded out and blown in before shooting the clear. Any issues with the clear can be resolved without having to get down to the basecoat.

Auto Transport Service
Back