• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to Get Flush-Mounted 6X9 Speakers

67Satty

Local time
5:39 AM
Reaction score
I need to get some for my '67 Satellite. I want them to mount flush under the package tray without any speaker covers. Any ideas for me? Thanks!

Almost any 6x9 speakers can be mounted flush. In my 70 Road Runner I took out the back seat, slid the package tray out, and mounted the speakers from the trunk. It is so long ago I can't remember if I used self-tapping screws from the bottom or thin nuts and bolts from the top. You can't see my Blaupunkt three-ways unless you open the trunk. I imagine a 67 would be similar.

I used the provided screws from the top with the speakers from the bottom, slid my package tray back and you can't see them now.

I just looked at my car again. If the package tray already has the slots to let the sound through you can just use self-tapping screws from underneath and not even have to mess with the seat and package tray.

I have everything out right now anyway because of having to put my rear window back in , putting in new carpet, re-doing seat covers (long story). So I want to put some speakers in before I put everything back in. It just seems like a lot of the newer 6X9s are sit high on the top like they are made to be used with a big speaker cover and not flush-mounted under the package tray.

Yeah, some of the newer 6x9s have mids and tweeters sticking up. A car audio shop should have spacers you can use between the speakers and the package tray.

Mount them from the BOTTOM and use a package tray with the factory speaker holes (read slots) in it

Auto Transport Service
Back