• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to put a MSD 6AL on a 71

68383GTS

Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
Any ideas where I could put my MSD 6AL box on my 71 Road Runner?You 71-72 B Body Guys and Gals have any ideas?

I can't speak for a '71 but my friend mounted his under his battery tray on his '65. It worked out great. Out of sight, tight wiring and no one was the wiser. Not sure if your car has that kind of clearance though.

on my 71 I put mine on the top corner of the firewall, above the blower motor. Sorry no pics

MSD Module Location

I installed mine between the radiator support and the right headlight. There is plenty of room and it is out of the way.

I was going to mount it above the blower motor but not enough room unless I drill holes that would be under the dash.I thought about between the radiator support and right headlight but was worried about rain.I looked at the MSD instructions and did not see anything about it getting wet.

On my '71 'Cuda I put it on the passenger side inner fender right near the alternator and mounted it vertically.

On my '63 Dodge 330 I hid it under the battery tray.

Auto Transport Service
Back