• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

which 4link - setup ????

acii

Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
Hy all..

i want to go with a 4link setup on my 70er charger.

on the www i found a lot of parts therefore .... but i am not sure which version is the best ??

When i say version i mean the different setup of the upper triangulated bar ..

what is better using a separate crossmember for the upper bar or mounting to the original frame rails ??

Details see on the pics......

Looking forward to your feedback

THx
Achim

version A.png version B.png

How will the car be used? Don't know much about the system you posted pics of but looks to be like a street/strip setup....

That first style is new to me...I can't really see the upper mount in the first picture for the coil overs but there has to be a extra frame like the second picture to support the weight or it will tweek the shock mount.

And the reason for going with a 4-link is what ???

Go to racer's hangout they can help

I built a triangulated 4 link for my Cuda out of parts I got from Art Morrison (who is local to me). I like it and did it because I had never had one and never built one. That said, I would not do another unless I was building a dedicated road race car. Its a crap ton of work for not a lot of gain especially on a street car. Too many people buy a kit or build a system, stick in some coil over shocks and call it done, well the shock mounts were never designed to take the full weight of the car, therefore that cross member must be cut out and either be remade or reinforced, failure to do this will result in your shocks coming through your floor pan. So, in order to cut the shock mount out you really need the trunk floor out or at least enough of it to get at it.

If you are want to do this for handling, you can achieve the same results with good leafs and suspension set up. IMO a 4 link is a great system for a car that is going to be used hard, but again for a street car it isn't worth the work and cost. But hey, if you want one then you want one and on that note I would tell you to go with a triangulated system over a parallel system unless you are building a drag car, the parallel systems are really beneficial on them.

I agree my body guy said the same to me.
I built a triangulated 4 link for my Cuda out of parts I got from Art Morrison (who is local to me). I like it and did it because I had never had one and never built one. That said, I would not do another unless I was building a dedicated road race car. Its a crap ton of work for not a lot of gain especially on a street car. Too many people buy a kit or build a system, stick in some coil over shocks and call it done, well the shock mounts were never designed to take the full weight of the car, therefore that cross member must be cut out and either be remade or reinforced, failure to do this will result in your shocks coming through your floor pan. So, in order to cut the shock mount out you really need the trunk floor out or at least enough of it to get at it.

If you are want to do this for handling, you can achieve the same results with good leafs and suspension set up. IMO a 4 link is a great system for a car that is going to be used hard, but again for a street car it isn't worth the work and cost. But hey, if you want one then you want one and on that note I would tell you to go with a triangulated system over a parallel system unless you are building a drag car, the parallel systems are really beneficial on them.

Auto Transport Service
Back