• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which auto shifter?

what kind of car ? what kind of valve body ? forward or reverse?

Is this a console car? Bench or Buckets? Is the "crappy" shifter cable or rod mechanism?
I was able to put a B&M Quicksilver in the factory console and used the factory rods and pivots instead of the cable. Worked out nice and the shifter looked good in the 66 Charger console.

Sorry its a 72 charger with bucket seats. They have rods installed right now.

i like this one. turbo action cheetah shifter SCS.

Attachments

• INTERIOR 65 HEMI BELVEDERE 005.JPG
    INTERIOR 65 HEMI BELVEDERE 005.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 538
  • INTERIOR 65 HEMI BELVEDERE 009.JPG
    INTERIOR 65 HEMI BELVEDERE 009.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 567
  • INTERIOR 65 HEMI BELVEDERE 010.JPG
    INTERIOR 65 HEMI BELVEDERE 010.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 561
I just put this PPP Shifter with free nuetral. I needed to get this shifter because of my Aluminum rods in the motor. Looks like I might have to get another one for my 65 Light Blue dodge coronet

Attachments

• EDELBROCK AVS 800 CARBS.CHUCKS INTERIOR 014.JPG
    EDELBROCK AVS 800 CARBS.CHUCKS INTERIOR 014.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 549
  • EDELBROCK AVS 800 CARBS.CHUCKS INTERIOR 011.JPG
    EDELBROCK AVS 800 CARBS.CHUCKS INTERIOR 011.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 677
  • EDELBROCK AVS 800 CARBS.CHUCKS INTERIOR 015.JPG
    EDELBROCK AVS 800 CARBS.CHUCKS INTERIOR 015.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 553
forgot to tell you if you go with the free nuetral you'll need a griner valve body with free nuetral. they make it low band apply or non low band apply.

Attachments

• DODGE LETTERS.LIGHT BLUE DODGE ENGINE INSTALL 013.jpg
    DODGE LETTERS.LIGHT BLUE DODGE ENGINE INSTALL 013.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 488
  • DODGE LETTERS.LIGHT BLUE DODGE ENGINE INSTALL 012.jpg
    DODGE LETTERS.LIGHT BLUE DODGE ENGINE INSTALL 012.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 494
heres a better pic.of the turbo action cheetah shifter scs.
This is a reverse maual shifter and valve body.

Attachments

• DODGE LETTERS.LIGHT BLUE DODGE ENGINE INSTALL 011.jpg
    DODGE LETTERS.LIGHT BLUE DODGE ENGINE INSTALL 011.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 738
  • DODGE LETTERS.LIGHT BLUE DODGE ENGINE INSTALL 010.jpg
    DODGE LETTERS.LIGHT BLUE DODGE ENGINE INSTALL 010.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 503
forgot to tell you if you go with the free nuetral you'll need a griner valve body with free nuetral. they make it low band apply or non low band apply.

Griner is the shizzle ! I love it, if anyone here is still usisng a cheetah might want to think of an upgrade. Griner much better !!

Only thing I don't like about my Cheetah shifter is the stick is not very high - and there is no may to lengthen it. Particular issue if you have a bench seat. I have mine sitting on an aluminum base (it's under the skirt that wraps the base) that raises it about 4-5" from the tunnel and also had my bench notched out so I could move the shifter back towards me more. I would still like it to be a bit higher..

SDC10991.jpg

Only thing I don't like about my Cheetah shifter is the stick is not very high - and there is no may to lengthen it. Particular issue if you have a bench seat. I have mine sitting on an aluminum base (it's under the skirt that wraps the base) that raises it about 4-5" from the tunnel and also had my bench notched out so I could move the shifter back towards me more. I would still like it to be a bit higher..

SDC10991.jpg

Stumper, I like that setup alot. Very clean.

Auto Transport Service
Back