• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which brand front end components is good?

4mulas

Local time
4:09 PM
Reaction score
Haven’t bought front end stuff for a while now and always used to use MOOG.

Is MOOG still a go to brand and known as the best? Maybe they’ve gone with off shore manufacturing like others have I done know.

Thanks

D96F4A1D-379E-445D-8D18-305CE416AAAF.jpeg
For what it’s worth.

My experience with moog is they have at least two lines of product. And I also know from that experience that their RK line is garbage. I rebuilt the front end on my 95 stratus and it was rattling again in less than a years time. I've used their more expensive line and had good luck with it on trucks on these Oklahoma roads, which can be rough. Just my opinion.

My alignment guy did tell me to remember RK as REAL KRAP.

I've used both PST and Moog. Tend to like the P-S-T brand better.

If you go with PST let them know you are a member here and you'll get a 20% discount.
I have their Super Kit and though it's not installed it appeared to be very good quality.

Ahh,
d96f4a1d-379e-445d-8d18-305ce416aaaf-jpeg.jpg
the good old Esatos Unitos. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::moparsmiley::usflag:Thx, Wahya!

For stock sus stuff, the "real" moog. For upgrades, yes PST, but also Firm feel, Helwig, I guess it depends what your plans are.

I still trust the Moog name for stock rebuild on these old cars. Some of the stuff in off brand boxes are sketchy.

I used Moog in the GTX and it has held up well over the last 6 years. Don’t know if I’ve just been lucky or the quality was there. I bought the name.

A couple months ago I bought a MOOG lower ball joint for a Dart from Rock Auto, I tried to bolt it on and it was not finished machined where it mounted to the steering knuckle and the bolt hole face was not finished machined either.

I used all Moog parts from Rock Auto on the 73. Moog has this "problem solver" line. Good stuff so far.

Last edited:
I have done a stock rebuild using PST parts and the quality was excellent. On my 68 sport satellite with improved aftermarket parts for my Restomod I have mostly Firm Feel. Quality is top notch as are the designs and the customer service is second to none.

I used PST, no issues, great quality and customer service.

Auto Transport Service
Back