• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which dash light sockets do I need?

BAFRAID

She’s looking like a Super Bee again!!
Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
FC4AE1D3-1DE1-42C8-80CA-8046BFC66F9A.jpeg
image.jpg
Rewiring my dash. Missing a couple of the twist in bulb sockets which I can get but I’m wondering which type of sockets go into the turn signal indicators the speedo the clock in the basic – wiring as well as the brake system light?

I never have seen the EXACT replacement for Mopar dash bulbs ( #57 bulb ) as a pigtail repair piece but pretty much like this

socket-instrument-panel-lamp-1964-69-chevelle66-69-corvair-1-wire-plastic-ch31845.jpg

And the Mopar piece should be available somewhere because repro harness get those

HOWEVER the brake warning socket is diff, since is isolated from housing being a constant positive feed and switched on by ground

So, it's something like this

a2dyb3VuZCI6eyJyIjoyNTUsImciOjI1NSwiYiI6MjU1LCJhbHBoYSI6MX0sIndpZHRoIjo2MDAsImhlaWdodCI6NDAwfX19.jpg

Last edited:
turn1_474939a17c1e4af908673e23ee4a1e5c87e9bf6c.png

I bet can be found cheaper on bulk... or at your local parts dealer at the help section.

Just checked some new repro dash harnesses and they didn't get either the exact original Mopar socket, but similar to the universal plastic ones

5/8" hole snap in socket for BA9S bulb base

It's pretty straight forward. Orange are instrument lights, red is the high beam light, green left signal and brown right signal.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Still have a couple wires that I am not sure where they go.

A single plug with two yellow wires with a black tracer which I think said goes to a buzzer lamp

A single either black or dark brown with a white tracer and a single plug

off of the flasher switch I have a light green and a tan that I believe go to the turn signal switch?

image.jpg
Also this dark blue with a white tracer coming off of the ignition switch

Auto Transport Service
Back