• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Hardened valve seat?

451Mopar

Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
After reading the "Hardened valve seat thread", my question is what brand, material, and hardness seats are used in a performance engine.
Keeping it limited to gasoline fuel, and stainless steel valves, not Titanium or Inconel or stellite.
I'm curious on how good the powered metal inserts are?

I've got a turbo 4.6 4v Ford in my jet boat. Stock valve seats, just the exhaust valves were changed to handle the heat.

451 I use the best dura bond powder metal a little tougher to machine but worth it

451 I use the best dura bond powder metal a little tougher to machine but worth it

You're pressing your own seats? Are they sinter hardened like DH5 or heat treated after sinter? What PM press are you using? Cincinnati, BLH, Stokes, Dorst, Yosh, or....?

No, I have Dave Sarno at SCH Racing do my cylinder heads.
http://schracingheads.net/

Found him when I needed my B-1 B/S heads welded and repaired after dropping a valve many years ago.
Not a Mopar guy, so he found it interesting when we milled the rocker stands off the Victor MW heads to install the MW rocker stand blocks.

Auto Transport Service
Back