• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

which hemi heads?

which hemi heads?

• stage v heads

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • mopar performance heads

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • indy heads

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

65DODGE

Local time
12:11 AM
Reaction score
getting close on purchasing a new set of aluminum hemi heads for my hemi build my goal street/strip 65 coronet 355 gears as of now anyways 727 will go with probably 3000 converter 29 in tall tire 10 in wide will want to stay above 11:50s street driven more than raced do not want to cage car engine will be 4.50 in stroke not sure of exact bore i will be going with as of yet but will be using ross pistons hydraulic cam,i have been leaning towards aruzza prepped stage v heads or are the new mopar heads good enough for my goals and can save a few bucks in the process or how about the indy heads how are those, aruzza says his flow 375 versus mopars flow 305 looking for some input so im putting this out there for all the very knowledgable members here on our great site to see if i can see what everyones opinion is on this thanks in advance everyone.

If I were in your shoes,I would choose the stage IV with thier roller rockers.Would give the performance your looking for and room to grow when you get the itch,and you WILL want more,,,,,,,,,,,,,later on:bootyshake:

Stage IV Heads with Stage IV Roller Rockers. Do it right the first time, it’s a lot cheaper.
I would go large Cubic Inch. 572 at least. I does not cost anymore to build a 572 than it does a 426 when you are starting from scratch. Maybe a few bucks more for the stroker crank but your only talking a couple hundred dollars.
Listen.... I made a lot of money for some former employers because of people that said.... ahhh I don't want to go fast... if the car run's 11..50 than I'll be happy....the next year they were re building the motor because they want to go faster... Look you will want to go faster eventually TRUST ME! Build the motor big yet mild. You wont have to turn it hard you can run pump gas and you'll run 11.50's with no problem.
Some day down the road all you'll have to do is change the cam and put a little compression to it and you'll be running 9.40's. LOL.

Stage IV Heads with Stage IV Roller Rockers. Do it right the first time, it’s a lot cheaper.
I would go large Cubic Inch. 572 at least. I does not cost anymore to build a 572 than it does a 426 when you are starting from scratch. Maybe a few bucks more for the stroker crank but your only talking a couple hundred dollars.
Listen.... I made a lot of money for some former employers because of people that said.... ahhh I don't want to go fast... if the car run's 11..50 than I'll be happy....the next year they were re building the motor because they want to go faster... Look you will want to go faster eventually TRUST ME! Build the motor big yet mild. You wont have to turn it hard you can run pump gas and you'll run 11.50's with no problem.
Some day down the road all you'll have to do is change the cam and put a little compression to it and you'll be running 9.40's. LOL.

i have already purchased the crank and rods eagle 4.50 crank and eagle 7.1 rods what bore is it for 572 4 1/2? thanks for the input.

I went down the SAME road.4.5 bore will give you 572.I started with a 4.310 {60 over} and grew from there.Now on the 3rd overbore at 4.391 with plenty of room to grow.If I wenr right to the 4.5 bore,any problem and your buyin sleeves and I chose to avoid that situation.The 4.310 can get you off the shelf pistons and 521 or 525 cubes,can't 'member I'm on the 1st cup:tongue8:

Attachments

• ****!!! 004.JPG
    ****!!! 004.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 919
i have already purchased the crank and rods eagle 4.50 crank and eagle 7.1 rods what bore is it for 572 4 1/2? thanks for the input.

I was running eagle crank and rods going 9.70-9.90's on 11:0-1 compression. go big on ci .572 ci is a great combo.
i just switched to 14:1 with aluminum rods with indy legend heads.
if i were to do it over the stage v's are my choice hands down.
mine are cnc pored too.
go big with the ci. it doesnt cost anymore. do it right the 1st time. not like me.

Attachments

• 65hemibelvederewheelstandlvd91110.jpg
    65hemibelvederewheelstandlvd91110.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 816
If your budget is allowing it, go with the Stage V's and build a big stroker. Not to beat a dead horse, but you WILL want to go faster. My street/ rarely strip Fury turned into a race car only until I went as fast as I could without cutting it up. Now it is a street only car and an all out race car is being built to feed my addiction. Keep us updated!

will the 572 live alright on the street and still tear off some high to mid 11s and still be totally drivable obviously the 355 gears will help the car be slow enough at the track so i don't need a cage at least i hope and will help on the street just don't want something to unliveable on the street maybe the next poll when i get to to that phase will be how big do we bore it? isn't there an old saying theres no replacement for displacement.

It will be fine. Big Cube good set of heads put a small Hyd Roller Cam in it so you don't have to adjust valves all the time and don't have to use killer valve spring pressure (easy on parts) 10:1 compression, that motor will make great power down low. You won't have to turn it hard at all. Probably shift at 6000 go through around 6500 + or -, and run 11's easy.
If you go with a small motor you will have to turn it harder to make the same power.

Like a few of us said, you may not want to race much now but if you decide down the road you want to, you will be 80 - 90% there, Cam change pump a few more point of compression and you're in the 9's.

Well i just sold my indy 426 legend heads and stepped it up a little more.
I went with the indy 426-1RA CNC ported heads with the larger 2.40 intake valve. i went with a titanium valve.

i just switched to 14:1 with aluminum rods with indy legend heads.
if i were to do it over the stage v's are my choice hands down.
mine are cnc pored too.
go big with the ci. it doesnt cost anymore. do it right the 1st time. not like me.

Well i just sold my indy 426 legend heads and stepped it up a little more.
I went with the indy 426-1RA CNC ported heads with the larger 2.40 intake valve. i went with a titanium valve.

:icon_scratch::edgy::icon_rolleyes::thinker::confused2::dontknow:

My brother just bought a set of Stage V Millenium Heads very resonable and is building an aluminum 604. We've looked at all of the other offerings and these are the best heads, 2.4 titainium intake valves and TI exhaust valves . These particular heads were hand ported by Stage V and did include a flow sheet. Muscle is doing the machine work, and they could not flow the heads because their flow bench did not flow enough, now they are at Modern Cylinder head to be flowed ( I know that Jeff is out getting treatment), but I think they were flowed before he went. The flow from Stage V was 532 @ .700 lift. With the solid roller we should be able to get nearly 1100 HP out of this. It is going into a '67 Belvedere Street car (I know that is what I said too) that is going to compete in Hot Rod Drag Week (probably in 2012). It will run on 93 octane pump gas and boy will it be fast. The Millenium heads are very, very hard to come by and require a custom intake and special headers (raised port).

My brother just bought a set of Stage V Millenium Heads very resonable and is building an aluminum 604. We've looked at all of the other offerings and these are the best heads, 2.4 titainium intake valves and TI exhaust valves . These particular heads were hand ported by Stage V and did include a flow sheet. Muscle is doing the machine work, and they could not flow the heads because their flow bench did not flow enough, now they are at Modern Cylinder head to be flowed ( I know that Jeff is out getting treatment), but I think they were flowed before he went. The flow from Stage V was 532 @ .700 lift. With the solid roller we should be able to get nearly 1100 HP out of this. It is going into a '67 Belvedere Street car (I know that is what I said too) that is going to compete in Hot Rod Drag Week (probably in 2012). It will run on 93 octane pump gas and boy will it be fast. The Millenium heads are very, very hard to come by and require a custom intake and special headers (raised port).

What car is it going into?

1967 Belvedere hardtop, tubbed, caged, 727 Auto. Dana car. Lightened to 3000 pounds (we are still working on that part). Street car. It should be a rocket.

Sounds Awsome! Post some pictures when you get a chance like to see the project.

hemi heads

Go with the stage 5, I had mopar pef. heads and had to sell them there was a big step from the port to seat that could not be cleaned up with out over sized int valves, stage 5 rockers are the best ,I have indy with oiling mods ether one you should oil through the push rod on the street and you idle alot.If you are going with a hyd roller cam you will have to elongate the push rod holes about .080 with .610 lift and indy rockers

Attachments

• jun10mar11 014.jpg
    jun10mar11 014.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 1,455
  • jun10mar11 386.jpg
    jun10mar11 386.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 838
Auto Transport Service
Back