• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which mufflers to buy?

Mufflers are really a personal choice. If you’re looking for stock, look at Accurate Exhaust. Do you like it loud, quiet, muscle car sound or sports car sound?

Those at YO look like the Walker brand.

I like the Cherry Bomb sound myself.

Well as i said as close to stock as possible.
Also sound wise. :)

Will look at accurate exhaust.
What about those from yearone? :)

Accurate Exhaust system mufflers. You can go to there website or YouTube and hear live sound clips of what the different mufflers they sell sound like.

Good choice, Accurate exhaust . I ordered exhaust tips from Yearone 2 months ago and Im still waiting for the backorder to arrive. They take your payment then inform you parts are on backorder:mad::mad:

Good choice, Accurate exhaust . I ordered exhaust tips from Yearone 2 months ago and Im still waiting for the backorder to arrive. They take your payment then inform you parts are on backorder:mad::mad:
What type of car? I bought tips from Accurate exhaust that are perfect.

I’ve seen the Accurate systems, helped put it on a good friends AAR the other day, nice kit but sheet metal screws to hold the hangers to the rockers didn’t float my boat when there are inserts already there, otherwise looked good... I personally went the route of ECS for my 70 Charger RT and I will say it’s expensive BUT spot on and made in Mo. So it was a quick drive and I was totally happy with it... your choice but I will say ECS was a dead ringer.. sounds like 1970 all over again..

Walker was the original equipment supplier back then, weren't they?
Or was it Maremont...

Im just saying that Yearone should should tell you up front about in stock or not. Wasnt expecting 2 months and still waiting, Covid or not. I have ordered from many suppliers recently with minimal wait time. Sorry for venting but it feels better now :BangHead::BangHead::cursin::thumbsup:

Year One has been bad lately on the back order stuff. They should indicate the parts that are on BO when you put them in your cart.

If you truly want OE stock correct mufflers.. then ECS is the only game in town !
beerestoration2018 409.JPG
beerestoration2018 410.JPG
beerestoration2018 466.JPG
beerestoration2018 498.JPG

Rejuvenating this older thread as I'm thinking about changing the Flowmasters on my 3" system with headers. First off, I gather that the 3" I got talked into (yep-my fault) is way over the top for my built poly. Knee jerk...I should a thought twice about. So two things, first is I want to quiet down the noise, sounds great; but I ain't 18 anymore. 2nd is a more restrictive muffler might toss me in a better direction given the size pipes I got. Yet, I like a nice sound that would get more noticeable when tromping in it. I see some great posts here - but before making a decision asking for any thoughts given what I've thrown out here. Thanks!

I’ve seen the Accurate systems, helped put it on a good friends AAR the other day, nice kit but sheet metal screws to hold the hangers to the rockers didn’t float my boat when there are inserts already there, otherwise looked good... I personally went the route of ECS for my 70 Charger RT and I will say it’s expensive BUT spot on and made in Mo. So it was a quick drive and I was totally happy with it... your choice but I will say ECS was a dead ringer.. sounds like 1970 all over again..
Sorry for resurfacing the old thread; but I'm getting ready to buy mufflers to replace the Flowmasters on my car as they're just too loud though sure...they sound great; but after 2 years the novelty has worn off. My '63 has headers and 3" pipes (too damn big for my motor but was talked into it w/o my doing more research). And looking at muffler selections it's like looking at a menu in a Greek restaurant...man. I'd still like a nice sound. After sifting through the posts here it seems that Accurate or ECS is liked for their sound and not too loud. Well, asking since you have experience with these two types of mufflers, you have any preferences one vs the other? Thanks.

I ended up buying the ECS mufflers which is basically the same as buying NOS mufflers. They are pricey but same as stock.

Auto Transport Service
Back