• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one

cdr

Local time
8:23 PM
Reaction score
Which car should I take this weekend for the Lone Star Mopar fest Drag Races this weekend, my last 3 trips to HRP in the Charger I have had fuel delivery issues & have run a best of 11.04@123 ,4100 lb street car I THINK its fixed, I have not made a pass in the T/A yet, HRP is my home track & they will close down for good in April & it looks like my drag strip days will be gone, Alamo Dragway is a 2.5 hour trip & that will be the closest 1/4 mile track Ennis [ Dallas] is about 4 hours, with my health issues it is hard enough to make the 1 hour drive to HRP, with that said I am going to try for this Saturday @ HRP if I am up for the heat & drive & there will be almost all Late model Mopars there for this event.
aKgt85ooTT2_Zh1bdK3OgA.jpg
EtQ2hFDTTGGhkiUu3f3oTA.jpg

The way I see it....... only one way to know if you fixed the charger.
Might as well see if it’s cured while there is a track nearby.

How fast is the challenger?
I’m thinking there will be one at the event you can watch go down the track.

I vote for taking the Superbird.

The way I see it....... only one way to know if you fixed the charger.
Might as well see if it’s cured while there is a track nearby.

How fast is the challenger?
I’m thinking there will be one at the event you can watch go down the track.
LOL GREAT POINT, I did not even think about that, there will be 100's of late model Challengers

Sorry to hear that your local track is closing. Although my car is +90% street use, not have a track would change how I feel about owning it.

Take the Charger.

Sorry to hear that your local track is closing. Although my car is +90% street use, not have a track would change how I feel about owning it.

Take the Charger.
Thanks Russ ,Its really changed my goals. REALLY bummed out !!! I raced there when it 1st opened up, it was a "state of the art" track . The NHRA Spring Nats in April will be its last event,My Charger is driven a lot on the street,,, street racing is out of the picture for me, so not sure what I will do with the 68, my good friend & I have been getting some Pontiac parts together for his Camaro race car, Alum block, Some High port Kauffman heads, that Dwayne Porter worked with me on flow bench #'s from his bench comparing my small bench #'s ,,,[Thanks again Dwayne !!!] so now with no track around it looks like we are not going to build the new engine for the Pontiac powered Camaro, probably make a converter & cam change to the engine that in it & leave it at that. Times are a Changin & I dont like it :)

Charger leave the challenger for the longer trip where it will make the drive more comfortable for you.. Good luck be safe and most importantly have fun

Hello Bobby :) , I am really sorry to hear about the spun bearing in the street car . hope you can get a good machine shop to correct the problems!
Thank you sir.
All good. The GTX motor is running fine.

@cdr
1st & foremost have fun

Maybe 1 last horah in the (winged) Charger...

do you have access to a truck & trailer you can use ?
may make for an easier time of it,
not worry so much about getting back home
or breaking it
throw some slicks on the beast & let her eat
1 last time

albeit;
I love seeing them driven in too

I've always liked your Charger build too
I like your style

I'd like to see & hear it run,
(still photos or video, with sound if possible)
or hear you talk/write about it running down the 1/4 again

drive the newer Challenger to the other races, later

good luck either way you decide
sorry about the health issues & the track's closing too

Thank you Bud !!!! I did not make it Saturday, I felt like crap & its was HOT, I have some older passes on video, I was fighting fuel delivery problems, have been on every pass I have made, I find a problem fix it & then something else fails LOL, I think its fixed now, you can hear it on the big end, the data logger showed the pressure going to 0 to 46 psi through the hole run, there are a few more on my You Tube

This one is with the short stacks, AND fuel delivery issues, still 11.04 @ 123

Which car should I take this weekend for the Lone Star Mopar fest Drag Races this weekend, my last 3 trips to HRP in the Charger I have had fuel delivery issues & have run a best of 11.04@123 ,4100 lb street car I THINK its fixed, I have not made a pass in the T/A yet, HRP is my home track & they will close down for good in April & it looks like my drag strip days will be gone, Alamo Dragway is a 2.5 hour trip & that will be the closest 1/4 mile track Ennis [ Dallas] is about 4 hours, with my health issues it is hard enough to make the 1 hour drive to HRP, with that said I am going to try for this Saturday @ HRP if I am up for the heat & drive & there will be almost all Late model Mopars there for this event.View attachment 1175957 View attachment 1175958
The left one.

Auto Transport Service
Back