• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which paint ?

Cyberbob

Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
d6a3177fbbf03f33e0416520b432a1c8.jpg
01e6f08667b5daf0696af7c3e18f6b06.jpg

Im building tribute.Im going to paint the car this winter, and I need to know which color this is?

The one on the left looks darker....but the right looks like B5 or B7. Could just be the photo quality from 1970-ish showing darker than usual.

The one on the left looks darker....but the right looks like B5 or B7. Could just be the photo quality from 1970-ish showing darker than usual.
yes, but which one. I think the light could be Q3?

I don’t see Q3 on either version the one without eagle on the tire does look like B7 which I would think is the period correct color

The other version doesn’t look like a Mopar color from the time frame...

FA059D54-7485-469B-997B-EC12E32FBB99.png
And this is a repaint that’s supposed to be B7... It’s not even close

What you need is an alternate color reference. I would try to get a copy of the original decals, the union,stp, and especially the monroe, and try to decide which print is closer to the correct shade.
That said, the darker could be b7, the lighter b5, on my phone both look like they have a lot of metalflake in it.

Correction to my previous answer. there were only 7 colors used on the superbirds, they are as follows:
Tor red, lemon twist, blue fire ,petty blue, alpine white, lime light, vitamin”C”,
The car in the picture is Blue fire.

Top one is blue and bottom one is teal. If that’s the same car it goes to show you can’t match color from pictures.

Anyone active on Moparts? The car belongs/ belonged to member “Wingcars”

Auto Transport Service
Back