• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which radiator would you buy ?

vance.dykes

Local time
10:13 AM
Reaction score
ok so if money is not the concern and you have a 22 opening and have installed a/c witch radiator with ele, fans with at least 3000 cfm engine is a 451 with 500 hp .

who's would you buy and why.

thank you for taking the time to respond

Last edited:
I'd contact cold case. They are a sponsor here.

ok so if money is not the concern and you have a 22 opening and have installed a/c witch radiator with ele, fans with at least 3000 cfm engine is a 451 with 500 hp .

who's would you buy and why.

thank you for taking the time to respond
Griffin
20190425_172600.jpg

A/C 6.1 Hemi 727 automatic, no overheating.
20190425_172806.jpg

413 Max Wedge, automatic, 22" Griffin no shroud, Max Wedge clutch fan. No overheating.
They work, on the pricey side, but you only do it once.

I'd contact cold case. They are a sponsor here.
the fans dont have enough c f m for the heat in Fl . i have been reading all post hear and like there stuff but the fan cfm is to low . and many hear have had fitment problems with the ele, fans so there down on the list.

thank you for your time sir

Griffin View attachment 1008924
A/C 6.1 Hemi 727 automatic, no overheating.
View attachment 1008925
413 Max Wedge, automatic, 22" Griffin no shroud, Max Wedge clutch fan. No overheating.
They work, on the pricey side, but you only do it once.

i knew someone was going to say Griffin it is on my list yes a little price-e

for a 22 core what part number if you can give that info.

thank you Mr.mopar Jerry

the fans dont have enough c f m for the heat in Fl . i have been reading all post hear and like there stuff but the fan cfm is to low . and many hear have had fitment problems with the ele, fans so there down on the list.

I'm in Alabama and we to have heat, neither car gets above the thermostat rating. 165 on the Max Wedge, and 185 on the 6.1 Hemi.

i knew someone was going to say Griffin it is on my list yes a little price-e

for a 22 core what part number if you can give that info.

thank you Mr.mopar Jerry
You are asking me something I don't remember. The 6.1 radiator was custom due to inlet and outlet position. The Max Wedge was off the shelf from them, number???

You are asking me something I don't remember. The 6.1 radiator was custom due to inlet and outlet position. The Max Wedge was off the shelf from them, number???

lol well with all the children you have it is hard to remember all there names / part numbers .

thank you

lol well with all the children you have it is hard to remember all there names / part numbers .

thank you
Only 1 children, but more than 30 orphans I have taken in and helped. :) More than that if I count all that have moved on.

Only 1 children, but more than 30 orphans I have taken in and helped. :)

such a kind hart . if you adopt orphans pick me i will sleep with the others and give them there midnight feeding and i will drive them to be sure they burped.:moparsmiley::moparsmiley::moparsmiley:

I know Bob at Glen Ray doesn't repop the 22" tanks, but he does do work on the 22" radiators I believe if you have a good core. I have a 26" radiator from them, and the car runs 180 all day with a 500" stroker and a 7 blade fixed fan in my Charger.

:thumbsup:

I know Bob at Glen Ray doesn't repop the 22" tanks, but he does do work on the 22" radiators I believe if you have a good core. I have a 26" radiator from them, and the car runs 180 all day with a 500" stroker and a 7 blade fixed fan in my Charger.

:thumbsup:

i dont have a core . but could get one if needed.

i thought he was for show cars for matching number stuff.

thank you

You can spend a lot more money to get a fan that 'says' 3000 cfm but 2500 cfm is plenty for any climate condition you put our kit in. We guarantee it.

As far as fitment concern, you will have the same issue no matter what brand radiator you get if you have limited space between the fan motor and the water pump. Normally, it's only a problem with A-bodies. B-bodies seem to have a lot more space. That may be the occasional fitment issue you have read. Cold Case radiators fit Mopars as good as any other aluminum radiator brand. We also guarantee this as well.

You can spend a lot more money to get a fan that 'says' 3000 cfm but 2500 cfm is plenty for any climate condition you put our kit in. We guarantee it.

As far as fitment concern, you will have the same issue no matter what brand radiator you get if you have limited space between the fan motor and the water pump. Normally, it's only a problem with A-bodies. B-bodies seem to have a lot more space. That may be the occasional fitment issue you have read. Cold Case radiators fit Mopars as good as any other aluminum radiator brand. We also guarantee this as well.

i have read a few post that there were fitment problems with the fan motor and the water pump that have installed your unit so a single fan is to tight where a duel fan has more room. i have 6. 25 of clearance if i use a Griffin it would leave me with 1 inch . if i use a champion and duel fans i will have 1/2 inch to 1 inch of cleanser so this is where price is not the issue but room is.

i have read a few post that there were fitment problems with the fan motor and the water pump that have installed your unit so a single fan is to tight where a duel fan has more room. i have 6. 25 of clearance if i use a Griffin it would leave me with 1 inch . if i use a champion and duel fans i will have 1/2 inch to 1 inch of cleanser so this is where price is not the issue but room is.
I agree dual fans gives you more space at the water pump. However, If you are putting dual fans on a 22" radiator, the fans are going to be only 10". It's literally impossible to get 3000 cfm from 2 10" fans. You'd have to have a ridiculously big motor and alternator. The sound would also be a big factor. We tested every 10" fan on the market and the best cfm we saw was about 1000 cfm. So even with 2 of the best available, you are at only 2000. Most 10" fans give you about 800 cfm max.

Can you post what kit you are looking at? The Champion dual 10" fan radiator kit I see is 1900 cfm total and it does not have a shroud which makes it highly inefficient.

i dont have a core . but could get one if needed.

i thought he was for show cars for matching number stuff.

thank you

Nah not only that stuff but he builds a hell of a radiator. Yes they looks amazing when done as well. Cost me a bit more for his vs. my local radiator shop, but his quality is next to none and he also gives you free repair for life of radiator if it leaks as long as you don't send a 2x4 through it or something. I believe he charged $750 for a 26" recore which wasn't much more than my local radiator shop. I wanted a factory radiator so I could use my fan shroud hardware and hang my overflow hose onto it vs the aftermarket where most don't provide provisions for that stuff. Overall his cost isn't too much higher than some of the higher end aftermarket radiators and they cool awesome.

Auto Transport Service
Back