• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which wiring Harness?

MoparDanMan

Local time
1:11 AM
Reaction score
I've been looking for a new complete wiring harness for my 70 RR. I went to Painless and their harness has eliminated the firewall connector. I understand their thinking, however I want the look of the connector. Has anyone found a good reproduction harness? Thoughts on eliminating the firewall connector? I'm not sure how I'm going to proceed but I know I'm not going to use the 50 year old wires.

Use a bulkhead connector but drill out the wire holes so that the wires can pass through it and make it look legit.

Year one and Evans are both nice harness . I personally think painless is everything but painless...

i used a painless 23 circuit harness and the wires went thru the bulk head with maybe 2 -3 need drilled as said above as long as you know how to wire a complete car the no sweat.

I always use M&H and have been happy with the quality.

Year one and Evans are both nice harness . I personally think painless is everything but painless...
Ya Evans doesn't do the under dash wiring. American Autowire has a nice kit. I think Year One sells American Autowire. I've used a Painless kit on a 66 Chevelle. It was a good kit, but the B body kit seems to be a "one size fits most"

I used the M&H harness that I bought from Year One. It's a totally stock reproduction harness that you can simply remove and replace.

Auto Transport Service
Back