• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

While working on the 66

BeepBeepRR

Local time
11:05 PM
Reaction score
While working on my 66 i pulled the sail panel chrome off and discovered some rust. And posted the pictures on Instagram and tagged AMD. They responded

IMG_1979[1].PNG

Meanwhile one of the parts car doors has now become a donor for this metal patch panel.

IMG_1977[1].JPGIBOI7669[1].JPG

I like your work!! I thought there might be some rust there. I think I pointed it out to you when you picked it up.

Yea you did.. But the gold door was rusted enough for me to use it as a patch panel.

Patch panels have to come from somewhere and we can't get much reproduction stuff for our 66-67 cars.
20190226_134130.jpg

I have cut up a 4 door and a /6 hardtop to get all the metal for this one. Also has some Sherman metal in it too.

I bought sherman quarters for the old car I have. But they were off by 1 3/8 on the rear portion of the body line. Im now going to use them for the smaller patchs needed for the new 66.. the old car is giving up its goods for this car.

We just used the rear wheel arches from the Sherman pieces, and the outer wheel houses from the 4-door car. Also the same car donated the trunk drops.

Auto Transport Service
Back