• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whirly Jig rotisserie...

QOTHL

Local time
7:46 AM
Reaction score
About 3 mos ago they told me it would be about 4 weeks before they could fill my order. I've called them at least once a week for the past two weeks and no one answers or returns my calls.

I decided to call Redline and after talking to them they recommend the RTS 3000 and it's free shipping.
If anyone has any opinions on this rotisserie make and model I'd appreciate your help.
Thanks.

Whirly-jig is worth waiting for. Quality, attention to detail. I'm not sure how much help Eric has nowadays, his dad Warren retired a few years ago. Back in the day, my swap spot at Carlisle was nest to their spot in row C. Good people.

Whirly-jig ... best you can buy in the U.S.. In Canada mine are the best. But I have to admit I took a lot of queue's from the Whirly-jig !!

Free shipping ... HA !!! Its buried in the cost. So, subtract about $150 from the price. Knock off about $400 for materials. Knock off $150 if its painted, $300 if its powder coated. Divide the remainder by 8 and that's their hourly rate to build. I don't know what that number is but you decide if you can get quality for that price. Keep in mind they also have to pay rent, heat, hydro, etc..

I have a Redline ROT 3000 LD and I love it. I got it over the RTS 3000 because I wanted the anti-tip legs. Now that I have used this for several months I can tell you there is almost no chance of tipping the unit. Sooooo, if I had to do it again I would spend the extra money and get the RTS 3000 for the simple option of the crank adjustment. I am usually alone in my shop so when I have to rotate the car it would much easier to just crank it. The RTS 3000 is a more robust unit as all the square stock is bigger and there is more bracing. Don't get me wrong, I really like what I have and I will not change it but if I was buying a new one I would upgrade to the RTS unit. Check out my build: 73 Roadrunner 340 Auto and I think it is page 5 when the rotisserie showed up.

I bought a Whirly Jig from Warren years ago at the Mopar Nationals. Really well made and works very nicely. I used it on one restoration and have it stored away now. I could probably be talked into parting with it.

If you need a crank to rotate the car its because you did a lousy job balancing it. If tipping is a possibility, same thing - lousy job balancing the car. A rotisserie with a 60" wide base should be sufficient for any vehicle. Think about it, a properly balanced vehicle will always have close to a 50/50 weight split on the pivot point no matter what position you have the car in. It can't tip! Putting a crank on a rotisserie is actually a hazard - giving a user the ability to rotate a poorly balance vehicle.

I bought a Whirly Jig from Warren years ago at the Mopar Nationals. Really well made and works very nicely. I used it on one restoration and have it stored away now. I could probably be talked into parting with it.

Got any photos? What model is it?

I build my with telescoping legs, 8' rubber wheels, and with heavier steel that anything I could find on the market. One the car was balanced on it I had no problem rotating in by myself. I spent around $800 with paint and hoists and used it for three years and then sold it for $1200. I must have did a good job on the build because it was bought by a body shop. Here are some pictures of what it looked like.

IMG_20170903_160343.jpg IMG_20170903_160349.jpg IMG_20170903_160400.jpg IMG_20170903_160418.jpg IMG_20170903_160630.jpg

Got any photos? What model is it?

I'll look up the model info, I've got all the original paperwork from when I purchased it. I also bought several optional add-on's for it. Like the rubber transport tires for outside, a drawbar attachment with ball hitch so it can be towed, maybe some other goodies too, I don't remember what all I've got with it. Only photos I would have of it would be when the car was mounted on it, so they wouldn't show much detail of the WJ.

I'll look up the model info, I've got all the original paperwork from when I purchased it. I also bought several optional add-on's for it. Like the rubber transport tires for outside, a drawbar attachment with ball hitch so it can be towed, maybe some other goodies too, I don't remember what all I've got with it. Only photos I would have of it would be when the car was mounted on it, so they wouldn't show much detail of the WJ.

Thanks! You can PM me if you like.

If you need a crank to rotate the car its because you did a lousy job balancing it. If tipping is a possibility, same thing - lousy job balancing the car. A rotisserie with a 60" wide base should be sufficient for any vehicle. Think about it, a properly balanced vehicle will always have close to a 50/50 weight split on the pivot point no matter what position you have the car in. It can't tip! Putting a crank on a rotisserie is actually a hazard - giving a user the ability to rotate a poorly balance vehicle.

You are only partially correct. The car was perfectly balanced at the start of the restoration. Then the parts started coming off, hood, trunk lid, doors, fenders, all the interior panels, glass, etc. Each item changed the center of mass slightly. Yes, I can still spin it by myself but I am maxed out on adjustment now. (Yes, there are two adjustment cranks to deal with change to COM). I am not going to waste the time of unhooking the car from the rotisserie and re-balancing it just to gain a little easier spin. In the real world I will deal with it. A crank would make rotating much easier and SAFER, yes safer. Much easier to control, just crank away especially when painting. I don't have to think about a 50/50 weight split because I did the initial set up and nailed it. A kid could spin the car and it held whatever position it was left at so spare me your diagnosis of how lousy the balance was. As for tipping, it wasn't the car tipping because it was out of balance, it was more the possibility of tipping while moving the car in and out the shop over some uneven concrete. Your posts make it obvious you LOVE Whirly-jig and smack talk all others. No big deal, to each his/her own, but spare me your rude comments!

shout out to auto twirler....... think I bought it in 01......makes life easy

20181202_193216.jpg

20181202_193001.jpg
20181202_193204.jpg

That’s bizarre, I bought an Auto Twirler in 2006, picked it up at the factory, looks nothing like the one you have!

its been almost 20 years......... its possible I am wrong about it being an auto twirler, but thats what was in my head...... I see Twirlers are made in Utah? I think I remember mine coming from Tennessee or Kentucky......

its been almost 20 years......... its possible I am wrong about it being an auto twirler, but thats what was in my head...... I see Twirlers are made in Utah? I think I remember mine coming from Tennessee or Kentucky......
At the time they were being made in Plainfield In. May have been a licensed product. First saw them at the Good Guys show that they used to have at Raceway Park in Claremont In, west of Indy.

looks like Whirley Jig is manufactured by, or at least associated with Accessible Systems........ that what I gather from the link I posted

Auto Transport Service
Back