• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

White lettering or black sidewall?

69roadr

Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
i have always had a soft spot for white lettering on tires. i guess im kinda old school.
just looking for others opinions.
P4160765.jpg

i also like the white lettering on an old car.but i think its not for a newer car.

I'm partial to the blackwall...with a black car anyways. Always enjoyed the white letters on a lighter colored car with Magnum 500's or Cragers. Good luck whatever route you go.

View attachment 126761

i really like the black paint on you car Propwash, have been following your build since you got it. btw, are your hood screens black?

Thanks '69. Glad to have ya along following the thread. Finally just about to the finish line with her. I don't have screens, being I don't have an air grabber system. Wouldn't work with the tall Indy intake on the 512 anyways. Regardless, the aluminum inserts installed are painted the Matte black with the stripes. This pic gives a better view of the inserts:

View attachment 126764

I think it depends on the look of the car, I always go black wall but sometimes white lettering can class up the joint.. if you know what I mean

I'm partial to the blackwall...with a black car anyways. Always enjoyed the white letters on a lighter colored car with Magnum 500's or Cragers. Good luck whatever route you go.

View attachment 126761
That's a real nice looking car there!!! Imagine how nice & classic lookin' it would be with nice white letters on the tires!!!:icon_fU:

In all seriousness though; As Will said, it's really up to personal preference. Both look good.

That's a real nice looking car there!!! Imagine how nice & classic lookin' it would be with nice white letters on the tires!!!:icon_fU:

In all seriousness though; As Will said, it's really up to personal preference. Both look good.

Hehehehehehe.....Your blackwall tires are in the mail Satman. No Classic look for me. Going for the "I was made to cause trouble" look :3gears:

I always liked the white letter Goodyear, M/T or Hoosier on slicks / street slicks. Other than that, I'm personally not a huge fan of white letters, but that's just me.

RWL on muscle cars for me, except for Will's car.... that thing could be up on blocks and it would still look bad ***.

Hehehehehehe.....Your blackwall tires are in the mail Satman. No Classic look for me. Going for the "I was made to cause trouble" look :3gears:
And you did that very well! If I pulled up to a light and saw Skeletor sittin there, I would just wave and say hello!!!Then I would tell you that you need white letters on the tires. Then I would wave goodbye as you pulled away.

I'm a RWL guy but some RWL look better than others. I also like the red lines and back in the day I ran some white outlines too and I've run black walls and they all look good as evidenced by the pics in this thread

And you did that very well! If I pulled up to a light and saw Skeletor sittin there, I would just wave and say hello!!!Then I would tell you that you need white letters on the tires. Then I would wave goodbye as you pulled away.

Bahawawawawaaaa!

- - - Updated - - -

RWL on muscle cars for me, except for Will's car.... that thing could be up on blocks and it would still look bad ***.

:tiphat: Thanks 440+6

Auto Transport Service
Back