• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

White wall wax??

dla4567

Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
Anybody ever use this stuff? Supposed to keep the white walls or letters from turning brown.
(Website is lasteffortgarage)
3D4969EC-BF49-4ED2-9520-386D239C1116.png

Interested in replies. A few suggestions from helpful members here helped me get my BFG's looking purdy' but no products/methods have kept them that way (so far).

I asked to the maker of this stuff specifically about white letters turning brown and he recommended the “Blackwall tire cleaner”
92FBFF3F-E2F0-4DF5-8627-7C5DFA0387AD.png

Anyone willing to be the guinnea pig on the cleaner and see if it turns the brown letters white again? BF Goodrich seems to have this issue like crazy lately and I haven't found anything to get them white again.....not even lacquer thinner!

Tried it on my BFG's. Nothing works forever on those. They are defective and they know about it.

Anyone willing to be the guinnea pig on the cleaner and see if it turns the brown letters white again? BF Goodrich seems to have this issue like crazy lately and I haven't found anything to get them white again.....not even lacquer thinner!
Acetone and a scotchbrite pad works about as good as anything. Like I mentioned before, the tires are defective and BFG knows it. They will replace them if they aren't too old. Prorated I am sure.

They plain suck because I purchased two different sets within 3 or 4 years and they both did it.......so they obv aren't fixing the problem.

They plain suck because I purchased two different sets within 3 or 4 years and they both did it.......so they obv aren't fixing the problem.
My fronts are perfect. Never a problem. The rears have done it forever. THey are 255-60/15's. It seems to be an issue with those for sure. I contacted BFG and they said to go to my local dealer. The local guy wouldn't do anything for me because I bought them from Summit. I will buy local next time.

Tried it on my BFG's. Nothing works forever on those. They are defective and they know about it.

My front tires stay super white, back tires are super brown. I clean them with paint thinner and they’re brown again in 2 days. (All 4 are BFG’s)
Probably buy a different brand next time.

My front tires stay super white, back tires are super brown. I clean them with paint thinner and they’re brown again in 2 days. (All 4 are BFG’s)
Exactly! I like the tread and the lettering on the BFG's. That's why I bought them. Not so much on other brands.

I bought Coopers for my 66 Dart and they have tread like a off road tire! LOL

It's not just BFG's. My Cooper's are browning as well.

I am contemplating using this stuff to redo them. It sticks well to concrete.
One word of advice. Buy a small can.You can't save it once opened.

white-flex-seal-family-of-products-rubberized-coatings-lfswhtr32-64_1000.jpg

It is just my rear tires as well! Fronts are white as can be but the bigger rear sizes obv have a problem with browing. Just keep making garbage BFG then wonder why people go elsewhere......man can't buy any quality anything anymore.

It is just my rear tires as well! Fronts are white as can be but the bigger rear sizes obv have a problem with browing. Just keep making garbage BFG then wonder why people go elsewhere......man can't buy any quality anything anymore.

They can just blame the poor sales on COVID and get a government check.

I ordered Milestar Streetsteel for my car. I did not want BFG for the reasons stated above. The 21 year old BFG letters were still white on the tires that were on the car. They obviously didn’t have the brown letter problem back then.

I’m willing to tolerate the racing flag pattern on the Streetsteel sidewall. The tread pattern looks more vintage than either BFG or Cooper. I’ll let you guys know if the white letters stay white.

Auto Transport Service
Back