• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who among us still enjoy wheelguns?

Love my Dan Wesson .44 mag, 6 inch heavy, stainless
Of all the revolvers I've owned (and since traded/sold off over the years), I miss my Dan Wesson the most.
I had a 44mag in the 80's with interchangeable barrels, in my case the snub 2.5" and the 6".
What a beautifully made, great shooting gun that was...
Favorite Smith was the 686 357mag. I don't own any revolvers these days (result of consolidating calibers a few
years ago) but I'll soon answer the call to own another recessed cylinder/pinned barrel S&W one day soon. :)

A GP 100 or .357 Red Hawk was what I wanted as a next purchase.
But now I'm thinking about a 9mm carbine.
...and then a nice, slim 9 mil carry piece.
I DO love the action of a revolver, though.
I feel more in tune with the machination.
Having had both, I preferred the GP100 over the Ruger "Hawk" guns (the grip is sort of odd for me on those).
Yeah, I have a half dozen 9mm pistols now, having consolidated calibers a few years back (cost saving measure).
Current CC is the new Sig365 (best "little" gun I've ever owned); we also have the Walther PPQ (best striker trigger
ever), a Sig P320 and a Walther PPS2.
With striker fire pistols, you seriously get what you pay for, I've found.

Post number one looks like a pinned barrel Model 27 in nickel finish. Hard to tell by the angle of the shot.

20200229_181104_kindlephoto-98707870.jpg

Model 66 no dash in picture, same model blued finish is model 19 great firearm it was the brain child of boarder guard bill jordon. Wanted smaller framed gun for 357 occasions without carrying heavier n frame.

Of all the revolvers I've owned (and since traded/sold off over the years), I miss my Dan Wesson the most.
I had a 44mag in the 80's with interchangeable barrels, in my case the snub 2.5" and the 6".
What a beautifully made, great shooting gun that was...
Favorite Smith was the 686 357mag. I don't own any revolvers these days (result of consolidating calibers a few
years ago) but I'll soon answer the call to own another recessed cylinder/pinned barrel S&W one day soon. :)
Talking with old timer at gun show last year, about a brand new never fired dan Wesson 357 with three barrels in a yellow goldish colored lined case. He said way back he and his buddies would chronograph all the new at that time guns. He said dan Wesson always performed somewhat better ballistics wise then colt and smith. They wanted to see why and they came to the conclusion the tolerances from barrel to cylinder was much more precise on the dan Wesson compared to either the smith or the colt. He said the dan Wesson always had higher chronograph fps the the other two. He said not terrible difference, but it was there, and at that time wheel guns were still very popular and affordable. Found that interesting from the old fellow.

I like the new breed of firearms with the high capacity potential, but i always always come back to the revolver the steel and the wood is just good old American craftsmanship. I have 8 shot 357 just got very well crafted modern revolver. And it's 357 ,legendary conflict mitigation cartridge.

My grandfather's F.I.E. .22LR. I need to find somewhere that sells that little plug that holds the firing pin in place so I can get it back in action.
View attachment 937878 View attachment 937877
@Aeronet , For gun parts go to Numrich, they may be able to help you. If you haven’t heard of them, they have a lot of misc. parts. Good luck getting Grandpa’s .22 back in action.

Last edited:
Numrich was still shut down as of last week because of the Chinese communist party kung flu. Midwest supply is still shipping from online orders.

Numrich was still shut down as of last week because of the Chinese communist party kung flu. Midwest supply is still shipping from online orders.
Good thing I’m not in any need for parts. I’m fond of your “conflict mitigation cartridge”.

Mitigation is popular wording lately thought i would introduce it into conversation or to. Lol thanks

One's been in the Family for years, and the other is a recent addition...
0419200937.jpg

I actually prefer my 1911's or some derivative of them
much better

but a good wheel-gun "revolver" is cool too

a nice "Colt" python or a king cobra target ain't no slouch either

Gun Colt Python .357 mag 6 inch Stainless.jpg

king cobra target in .357
as you can tell I like stainless revolvers
Gun Colt King Cobra Target .357 mag 4.25inch Stainless.jpg

occasional carry piece Ruger GP100 match .357 4.2" in stainless

Budnicks Ruger 4in SS .357 GP100 Match & holster.JPG

Budnicks Ruger 4in SS .357 GP100 Match (1).JPG

with Packmayr's
Gun Ruger model 1705 GP100 4.2 inch barrel .357 ca. Magnum.jpg

Super Redhawk .44 mag of course in stainless
Gun Ruger Red-Hawk .44 Mag.jpg

& I really like the L-Frames S&W, 586 & 686
among others
Gun Smith & Wesson Revolvers.jpg

nice old piece Virginian Dragoon 6" in .44mag Stainless
Gun Virginian Dragoon Stainless Steal 6in barrel from Interarms.png

most of the photos are stock photos,
a couple are my photos
:lol:
Gun .50ca for when there's a perp behind another house.jpg

Last edited:
If you're looking for a nice lightweight revolver, this ain't it. The cylinder by itself is over two pounds. It's a five shooter and at $40 a pop, it'll cost $200 to fire them all.
Pfeifer-ZeliskaRevolver600NitroExpress.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back