• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who else did something like this as a kid?

Lol, same here as dubb . Car hoods pulled by 4x4 pickups on snow or pasture grass.
At 30mph or so that hood catch pin is a valuable piece of safety equipment when at the apex of a swing.

Too poor to have dirt bike like that, IF I did, my little brother would've eaten some tree bark!! Just saying!!:lol:

When we were in college, 4 of us (at the same time) crouched and held on to the back bumper of my buddies Dart and we "skied' on our feet. He drug us around and fishtailed around the frozen streets up in the Pocono mountains. At one point we hit a patch of cinders and wiped out. Don't know how fast we were going but it felt fast enough as we rolled and tumbled to a stop in the ditch!

Hey Hawk,
Did the words "...hold my beer, watch this..." precede this adventure?

My brother and I did with a old truck hood we found behind a 4wheeler we took it down our road it was fun intill the metal got hot from the friction of the road

hell yeah
Our "tow truck field car" was a 55 CJ5.
Went through a field with about a foot of fresh snow with my younger siblings on aluminum saucers. We probably were going 20 mph, but it felt like 100.
Mother was not thrilled with Father that day.
Man that was fun.

the kid being towed is the one in need of the helmet

Last edited:
the games got better as we got older......

we invented a game, possibly inspired by "roller ball"......... where 2 and sometimes 3 "teams" on dirt bikes would ride through the apple orchards; person on the back would snatch apples off the trees and throw them at the other bike(s)...... great times!

Auto Transport Service
Back