• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has done / is doing it?

theman440

Local time
6:12 AM
Reaction score
Anybody out there runnin' a Girdle, crank scraper & windage tray in their B/RB?

Just a windage tray here.

windage tray here also

Last edited:
Girdle & windage tray on my last 2 builds
last one with a 7", 7 qt Milodon Pan, worked decent

Last edited:
Just brought this topic up a couple days ago. I decided to go with this:

BCR Products Main Girdle kit..
girdle2034_small.jpg

girdlecapsplated004_small.jpg

p1030751_small.jpg

The picture show there main girdle and cap kit but they offer a kit for OEM and aluminum caps also. 420 bucks

I recently went with aluminum caps and girdle, got mine from 440 source. I also used the pan rail studs that were supplied. I went with the caps and girdle to help support the mains, which becomes a problem on stock blocks when making lots of HP.

Make sure you have clearance at the rear seal retainer and main stud nuts on the rear cap. Some clearancing may be needed. Mine did.

That put the pan on studs instead of bolts?
Yes but because it's thicker it uses recessed nuts that fix the girdle to block then another nut/washer for oil pan. So need to crank down oil pan gasket bolts to hold Girdle in place.

IMG_3153.JPG

I recently went with aluminum caps and girdle, got mine from 440 source. I also used the pan rail studs that were supplied. I went with the caps and girdle to help support the mains, which becomes a problem on stock blocks when making lots of HP.

Make sure you have clearance at the rear seal retainer and main stud nuts on the rear cap. Some clearancing may be needed. Mine did.

I notice that there is a difference with the 2 types of girdles. At the oil pan rail. This is the 440 source girdle.

What I'm trying to get at here is . . . if it is actually possible to do it.

What I'm trying to get at here is . . . if it is actually possible to do it.

If you're able to get them both to fit, then it would be possible, but the question of overkill comes up. Perhaps oil drainage restriction or backsplash. What kind of pan are you using I'm wondering. For me, I run a 7qt 7" milodon pan and girdle, no windage tray.

There are discussions on this topic on the net that you could also reference, one that comes up frequent is this comment: "This goes waaay back, but when Tom Hoover used to do his clinics, he used to say that once you installed a windage tray that is all the engine "saw". He seemed to think that if you could run a good deep pan that you were better off with out the windage tray ."

Also, how effective would a windage tray be when it is spaced further away from the crank because of the thickness of the girdle?

Auto Transport Service
Back