• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has had Covid lately and has not had any shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:23 AM
Reaction score
Please pay attention as to what forum this is in before bringing up political comments....thanks. I'm mainly curious as to how severe or mild it was for those who didn't get the jab. I got the first Moderna shot and really got to thinking while waiting for the 15 minutes to pass after getting it...."what the hay I'm I doing here" with my bad history of getting the flu after each and every flu shot I got years ago. Went about 25 years without getting a flu shot and didn't get the flu not even once in all that time but recently did get a couple of flu shots after talking with my doc for a pretty good while about it. He did say that they used to use a very mild live strain in that shot but that was stopped many years ago so I gave it a shot....pun intended.

I am just getting over covid from 2 weeks ago I believe I have had it twice now since all this crap started Wife has it now and almost better I knew I had something more than just a cold because all my joints were soar I have had the first 2 needles when they first came out but no more since I know of some that are on needle #6 My son is 26 and still living in our house He refused to get any needles just because he is stuborn and has never caught covid even with us in the same house I hear you on the flue shot I got that once and could not tell if I was any less sick that winter than not having the shot Never had another flue shot since

What I found troubling, after receiving the 2 Moderna vaccinations I found myself randomly breaking out in hives. I never had hives before. After speaking to my PC doc, Allergist doc, and many others who have had the same reaction, I can only assume it is related to the shots. I am now taking Zyrtec on a daily basis to control that situation. And yes, I got covid which kicked my *** for about 10 days.

Never gotten the dreaded jab. I’ve been around a couple of people that may have had the plague, if anything I’ve only gotten a fever, sinus stuff, and a little vomiting for a day, then back to normal. Not to get political, but I will never get the jab, I will not buy into the poison.

951F7230-2748-40D5-A10B-B8E5480D7BC1.jpeg

I had the shots, Pfizer, first and second, never a booster, go Covid 6 months later, lasted about a week, sinus drainage like no tomorrow, other than that, no symptoms and I was 65. My 16 yo daughter got it same time and she was really sick, sore throat, cough, fever, aches, etc. and she had the shots same as me. Wife, unvaccinated, never caught it. It has a very weird transmission process. I will not get the boosters until there is more data. I get a flu shot every year, and have had it only once and thought I was gonna die, got the pills and 2 days later it was like it never happened.

I had "Alpha" in Jan 2021.

I literally don't remember about 20 days of my life from that period, and another 5-10 are foggy.
VERY difficult to sit up. Nearly impossible to get off the couch to pee.
Sometimes took three or more attempts.
No desire to eat whatsoever.
Severe fatigue, brain fog, chills, no sense of smell.
Severe nausea if standing for more than 30 seconds.

However, almost ZERO respiratory issues.

Did not get a shot as my wife has been following closely effectiveness vs potential side effects.

December, 2022 I got "Omicron B2" or whatever. Just in time for Christmas!

WAY less severe.
Felt like a mild cold but with chills, fatigue, body aches and nausea if I stood up. Slight but noticeable brain fog.
More respiratory issues than the first time, but not at all severe.
Lasted 4 days with one day of not being able to stand and another of difficulty standing.

I have had it once. No shots, even today. It did last several weeks. Only missed the required 5 quarantine days from work at that time. Felt like an other flu. I have lost a couple of co-workers as well as a couple of buddies due to Covid however.

I have had it once. No shots, even today. It did last several weeks. Only missed the required 5 quarantine days from work at that time. Felt like an other flu. I have lost a couple of co-workers as well as a couple of buddies due to Covid however.
I lost a couple of relatives but they were several years older than me and had underlying issues to go with it. My first wife got all the shots and has had Covid several times....most were minor and one of the shots made her sick. She does hang around a bunch of other older women and goes out to eat with them quite often. Most of them have grand kids and great grand kids and we all know what they do lol. I call them the Old Hens Coffee Club gang.

Had it twice I think. Tested positive the first time, at the end of 2020, if you believe the test. Second time, 2 months ago, didn't bother. It means nothing anymore. A bad flu.

What I had was definitely NOT "the flu".

Either time.

I've had "the flu" dozens of times and what I had those two times was nothing at all like that.

I know there's some debate about both kinds of tests, but each time, the test I had got it right.
...and also twice I had to be tested for work while I had a common cold, and both times the test was negative.
So I'm 100% on the testing being accurate.

Got it once after wife brought it home from work. Nothing more than a mild cold, until the last week or so of extreme coughing. Also lost sense of smell. Have not and will NOT ever get any shots, and I/we also do NOT wear a mask. The wife is not required to vaccinate or wear masks at work anymore, and I am self-employed. I call it a HOAX for a reason!!!

I had a Dr's appt. last fall with the VA, Doc asked me if I wanted my "flu" shot today, and I said no, not now. She followed up if I had had the covid shot, I said "hell no" and have intention on gettin one either. She said, "Good for you"!
So no jab and haven't gotten the crud either. KNOCK ON WOOD!

pretty sure I had it about 2 months ago........sickest I've ever been for about 4 days, could barely move; took another week to get back to normal..... not vaxxed

I had a Dr's appt. last fall with the VA, Doc asked me if I wanted my "flu" shot today, and I said no, not now. She followed up if I had had the covid shot, I said "hell no" and have intention on gettin one either. She said, "Good for you"!
So no jab and haven't gotten the crud either. KNOCK ON WOOD!
I've had a couple of doctors tell me pretty much the same thing.....and so far none of the ones I've been seeing have ever told me I needed to get it.

My wife and I are both over 65. She always leans toward excess caution, me not so much. So she has had all the shots as they became available, and I tend not to fight her. We are both pretty certain we caught Covid early on, just before it hit the news. Neither one of us has had it since, but all of our friends have, regardless of shot status. I won't refer to it as a vaccine, since the messenger RNA protocol employed is not technically a vaccine (I was in pre-med before I became a lawyer.)

Our story is we frequented our favorite Asian restaurant over Christmas break. No locals in there at that time, but the place was mobbed with foreign students who had just returned from their annual visit back to China. Wife got all the symptoms, and took almost three weeks to shake it, two doctor visits, but no hospitalization. I missed four days of work, similar symptoms, but not as bad. No respiratory infections of any kind since for me, a couple mild ones for my wife, negative Covid test each time.

I've always had an extremely strong immune system, and I think I was fortunate to get natural immunity with the first round. Back in the day I contracted polio before the vaccine became available, and pretty much dodged the consequences until old age caught up with me. Like today, much fear of that disease back in the day, but the reality was that fewer than 3% of those who contracted it were permanently paralyzed.

No shots here.

About a ....year? ago, on a Friday, my throat started to tickle. Got up Saturday, felt like death, stayed in bed. Warm, sweats, didn't take temp because...I never do unless it's debilitating. Sunday, felt crappy but had appetite back so got up, ate, moved around the house some. Slept a lot. Monday felt fine. Covid? Dunno, didn't test. But, that's the ONLY "sick" I've had since this whole fiasco started. I work with the public, face to face, 10 hours a day.

I also have always had a strong immune system - lots of time outdoors, lots of exercise, lots of decent food. 50 now, and refusing to slow down!

My wife and I were getting the anti-body test ($10 at Walgreens) and hers went from 600 just after we both had it in '21 to 1100 to 2000 to 10,000! 3 months ago.
She did not get it when I had it the second time.

Mine went for 540 to 360 to 300.

I haven’t gotten any vaccines since I left military service in 2007. I got Delta variant on Oct 2021 it gave me a bad headache and I missed 1 day of work. I have about 5% taste and smell since then. I’m 41

I've had a couple of doctors tell me pretty much the same thing.....and so far none of the ones I've been seeing have ever told me I needed to get it.

I'm guessin that since all this covid crap went down, and now that the "facts & stat's" are starting to come out. Most Doc's are now against it? JMHO

I have had both the initial J&J jab when it first came out, and a Moderna booster last fall.

I just got over a case of the crud about a month ago.....

I am so damn glad I got those shots, because it very well could've been a LOT worse than what it was.....but by no means was it fun in any way, shape, or form. I was still down for a solid two weeks.

The shots don't keep you from getting the virus, but if you do get it, it won't be as severe as it would've been without the shots.

Just my two cents of personal experience.....:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back