• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is running the TF270 head ?

Tex013

Local time
9:31 PM
Reaction score
Ok ,
car ran real good Saturday for a runner up in local track championship round .
But blew oil out the breathers last 2 passes . Come Monday there was some moisture in the valve covers . Compression was good .
So I pulled the heads , 2 splits in the intake ports running into and up the headbolt hole .
These are CNC stealths ran good for last 6 years or so .
Now ,
who apart from Schroeber is running the TF270's ?
I know I will need - new headbolts , rocker shaft studs and pushrods .
I have the TrickFlow valley plate
I believe I can reuse my Crane rockers , no offset required .
I have a Super Victor intake , so I can open it up to match the port .
I have Dougs D452 headers , they should be fine with angle plugs .
Which head gasket should I use ? Felpro or the TFlow cometic ?
Which intake gasket ? Felpro or Superformance ?
Any thing else I should be aware of ?
What results are people getting on the track ?

Tex

Felpro 1009 head gasket, BUY INDY max wedge port heads...EZ heads...have them ported. I would buy them from Hughes and have them port the heads for you

Felpro 1009 head gasket, BUY INDY max wedge port heads...EZ heads...have them ported. I would buy them from Hughes and have them port the heads for you
Mike ,
I would but then I am up for rocker arms as well . By the time I get them down here I am paying nearly twice the US$ number . The $800 rockers are about $1500
I must try some budgeting

Tex

I would but then I am up for rocker arms as well .
I want the TrickFlow 240s, and I will get them, but I am under the impression that I have to get all new non-stock rockers to use them, and since :lowdown:IQ52 recommended the Harland Sharp setup, I have decided to wait and invested in a bunch of other stuff I really NEED that will also help performance and tunability as well as safety and less likelihood of parts breakage.
Am I mistaken in believing that all new rockers are neccessary with the switch from stock 440 iron heads to TF 240s??

I want the TrickFlow 240s, and I will get them, but I am under the impression that I have to get all new non-stock rockers to use them, and since :lowdown:IQ52 recommended the Harland Sharp setup, I have decided to wait and invested in a bunch of other stuff I really NEED that will also help performance and tunability as well as safety and less likelihood of parts breakage.
Am I mistaken in believing that all new rockers are neccessary with the switch from stock 440 iron heads to TF 240s??
my understanding is stock 906 / edelbrock rockers willwork , just check sweep

Tex

Tex...You do not need offset rockers with INDY EZ heads...check out their website or call Hughes Engines, a distributor in U.S. for INDY.
I bought the INDY SEZ heads originally. They, like EZ heads, use standard offset Rockers, I bought my rockers from 440 Source.
I then had my SEZ heads brought out to max wedge size.
SEZ INDY heads have "standard" ports, not max wedge
EZ INDY heads have "max wedge" ports, not standard.
The "S" in front of EZ merely stands for standard port.
At the same time I had my SEZ heads brought out to max wedge size I also had them ported and they flow around 330cfm at .600 lift.

I have been using the Superformance gaskets for whatever I need to replace.
From now on that's all that I'll buy.
Nice product for sure.

I think the TF 270 is the best bang for the buck head on the market.
My EZ-1’s need an epoxy job on intake #4 short turn.
Believe me I’ve been drooling ove the 270’s for awhile now.

I think the TF 270 is the best bang for the buck head on the market.
My EZ-1’s need an epoxy job on intake #4 short turn.
Believe me I’ve been drooling ove the 270’s for awhile now.
Yes , I also recall Dwayne Porter saying the Indy will almost always need work ootb
I ordered some TF270's last night , so will see them in 10-14 days .
Will run my new super victor , left enough for max wedge opening .
Must have jinxed my self last weekend

Tex

t
Tex...You do not need offset rockers with INDY EZ heads...check out their website or call Hughes Engines, a distributor in U.S. for INDY.
I bought the INDY SEZ heads originally. They, like EZ heads, use standard offset Rockers, I bought my rockers from 440 Source.
I then had my SEZ heads brought out to max wedge size.
SEZ INDY heads have "standard" ports, not max wedge
EZ INDY heads have "max wedge" ports, not standard.
The "S" in front of EZ merely stands for standard port.
At the same time I had my SEZ heads brought out to max wedge size I also had them ported and they flow around 330cfm at .600 lift.

Thanks Mike

Tex

Yeah he told me not to be scared of an epoxied head that lots run them that way. My OCD gets the better of me though.

My OCD gets the better of me though.
You too, eh?
I'm better now, but when I buy something that is new, I like to smell the air from wherever it was manufactured come out of the box when I open it.

Yeah he told me not to be scared of an epoxied head that lots run them that way. My OCD gets the better of me though.
Wookie ,
I am around $4000 aussie peso's right now . It would **** me to then have to rebuild a new head or major modify to use .
Bit like your Canadian peso :drinks:

Tex

Yeah right now to get a set of 270’s to my door with tax, shipping and exchange is about $3800. Yikes.

Yeah right now to get a set of 270’s to my door with tax, shipping and exchange is about $3800. Yikes.
don't forget I am on the other side of the world , so if issues not easily sorted .
I believe TF270s are best bang for buck , also a step up from the CNC stealths

Tex

I ran an moroso A-B epoxied head on an approx. 600 horse sbc, and didn`t have a problem w/ it. Street car,28 best ET .

I am still going to get the TF 240s, which run around $2,200 a pair, BUT by the time I dress them out w/Harland Sharp rockers and shafts, pushrods, hardware and head gaskets plus the odds and ends for my initial application for them, I would be close to $4k installed
I'm definitely getting them, but I have bought a lot of neccessary parts and once installed will provide better traction, enhance safety, and optimize the performance and tunability of my 6 bbl carbs... Oh, and getting on the bottle too!

I am still going to get the TF 240s, which run around $2,200 a pair, BUT by the time I dress them out w/Harland Sharp rockers and shafts, pushrods, hardware and head gaskets plus the odds and ends for my initial application for them, I would be close to $4k installed
I'm definitely getting them, but I have bought a lot of neccessary parts and once installed will provide better traction, enhance safety, and optimize the performance and tunability of my 6 bbl carbs... Oh, and getting on the bottle too!
Watch your 2 bolt main caps closely when you spray Nitrous to make over 750hp.

Auto Transport Service
Back