• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is still rockin' a turntable?

idrivemopar

Local time
10:33 PM
Reaction score
Just curious who is still rockin a turntable. I have this one, its a usb turntable, I just set it up and decided to break out some of my old albums. They still sound great!
20181210_105938.jpeg

I still have my AKAI linear tracking turntable and use it periodically.

still have all my stuff that I got while in Nam PL 41 turntable

I'm spinnin a Kenwood KD-750, I also have a Pioneer RT-707.

I got rid of so many pieces of audiophile equipment over my life spam that I went without some until this year when I purchased an H&K Receiver that has a connection for hard-line cat 5 internet. I have a cd changer...500 cd's...and a TEAC turntable with USB capability so I can spin what remaining albums I still have and then copy them to a program on my laptop to digitize them for keeping. Most of my albums are digital masters and in excellent condition as are my regular LP's. But HELL YES!!!! I still love the sound of a vinyl LP!!! Spin em when I can...cr8crshr/Tuck:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

20181210_144249.jpg 20181210_144305.jpg 20181210_144321.jpg 20181210_144335.jpg

I actually have four.

A newer NuMark USB model like the OP.

A 1983 Sony linear tracking recent $5 thrift store find.

My workhorse from the 1980's, A Sanyo model that will run with some of the best.

And the prize of the collection, a 1975 Empire 698 with real glass and real wood.
...and a super neat cueing system that actually uses your finger to complete the circuit!

Not mine but these are the models

sony pl 77.jpg sanyo 825d.jpg empire 698.jpg

I still have my Sansui from the late 70s. Haven’t used it in years though.

I still have my Sansui from the late 70s. Haven’t used it in years though.
The TV repair shop I worked at in the late 1970s was a Sansui dealer. I still consider Sansui equipment from that era the best.

I have my turn table and about 100 albums from back in the day. Haven’t opened that box of albums in over 30 years. I’ve got all original vinyl including many beatle albums. I hear it’s back in style.

Sansui... I forget the model number but a higher end unit. Still hooked up... haven't used it in awhile tho...

I m going to look still have all the equipment that I bought while Nam haven't listen to it for 40 some years man some where I have couple hundred albums a box of 8 tracks and boxes of cassettes and a **** load of reel- reels looks like I start looking this weekend

Early 80's Yamaha PX3 and late 60's Thorens TD 125 MK II with SME tone arm.

I have 4 but mine are old phonograph s one has a newer style turn table in it for the new record s

Still running my JVC L-A11 that I bought with my very first College loan cheque in 1979! It was beer or a new stereo and music was needed first..

I have a turntable. Nice gift from a passed-on friend from his surviving children.
No quality vinyl to play on it, just old 33s that sound pretty noisy from abuse.
Vinyl is one of the truest representations of the original music if pressed and mastered properly.
My favorite music format is Sony's proprietary SACD. As far as digital media goes, it and the other hi-res 192/24 stuff is great. SACD is even available for download, but I am invested heavily on the SACD disc format for playback media.
All of my speakers are KLIPSCH in my 9.1 surround sound system except for the subwoofer. When the amp in my killer RSW-15 Klipsch sub quit, I got a Definitive Technology Trinity Supercube. It could replay the subsonic impact of Thor's hammer, but handles deep bass keyboards (foot pedals) guitar and kick drums with speed, depth, and accuracy. My 3 front speakers go to 32Hz, so I have the bass band LFE roll off in a parabola from 40Hz down, so the Trinity handles 40Hz to about 12Hz subsonic.

Last edited:
Here's my collection, and those 3 boxes on the side are full of LP too, I have about 6K records, or about a total of 16 book boxes worth!
PC090544.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back