• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is the King of Cool?

SteveSS

Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
I was watching some car auctions and they talked about how much effect being owned by Steve McQueen added to the price. Referred to him as the "King of Cool." I wondered if there is a current king of cool?

Johnny Depp? Not really
Maybe Tom Hardy but I don't know if he is a car guy.
Hell it can be a girl, I don't care.
I truly believe Paul walker was one but Vin Diesel is not.

As far as movies or as a car guy?
Movies I've always been a 007 fan & D Craig makes a pretty good one...
Car guy.... I'm a big fan of Troy, Kindig and Foose

Steve McQueen??
Maybe it is a generation thing. I see him as a stiff, wooden, boring actor. I'm not trying to disrespect the dead here but I never saw the appeal of the guy. Every movie he was in, it seemed that he was just too reserved and quiet.. a real BOREHOLE in my own opinion.
Paul Walker was a real car guy, much more than Vin Diesel, another candidate for BOREHOLE status.
Disregarding cars, George Clooney and Brad Pitt seem like cool guys despite their political affiliations.

Stone cold Steve Austin!
He had that bad *** conv on grave yard cars

Ahh close enough! I didn't watch wrestling as a kid !

What did Steve Austin do that was car related? I thought he did something!

He was the Bionic Man.....Lee Majors.

So as I was looking up Steve Austin. Witch he has a few cool cars a very nice 69 charger ,67 Shelby gt500 (probably a clone as its a Elinor clone ) anyways some cool cars but not as many as I thought . But the man with the bunny's popped up and a bunch of pictures of all his cars came up that man has some toys !

So I'll change my vote to heff!!!!

I wondered if there is a current king of cool?

Oh yeah. Tammie Jo Shults. Landing that Southwest 737 with the exploded engine is way cooler than anything the aforementioned guys have done.

And a previous 8 years as a Navy F18 Hornet pilot. She is COOL!

180418-Irving-Soutwest-pilot-hero_je4bxj.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back