• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who made Mopar radios?

jeryst

Local time
8:12 PM
Reaction score
I picked up a cheap thumbwheel radio 8-track unit and am working on it. The 8-track belt has fallen apart and I would like to find a replacement, so I was wondering who manufactured the radios for Chrysler. Maybe I can find a replacement, or get the dimensions so I can adapt a sweeper belt or something.

Bendix and Motorola were the most popular suppliers of Mopar radios up until the early 1980s. Chrysler Electronics "Accustar" of Huntsville AL started supplying Mopar radios throughout the 1980s and some were Mitsubishi.

Magnetic Tape repair in Louisville KY will have your belt. Call or email them. They are very helpful.

Motorola AM/8-Track here for the 1970 GTX

upload_2020-4-5_9-16-5.png

So that was for Desmond Keven. And he got the employee discount.
He was the Kiwi guy who was the second owner, and brought it out to New Zealand in 1973. My good friend here @super-bee_ski was able to meet up with him over a year ago now, and present him with a 1:24 scale model of the car.....in Las Vegas.
I also sent a couple of NZ Hotrod newspapers for the guys to read....

upload_2020-4-5_17-59-55.png

Thanks Mark. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back