• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

who makes custom ground cams

moparjohnny

Local time
4:20 AM
Reaction score
someone who has done business with them,and know there work. names and numbers. thanks

Schneidercams.com reground my stock cam to the specs I wanted for about 1/2 the price of buying a new cam with those same specs. No complaints.

I just had crower do a custom grind for my 440.

Mechanical flat tappet.

Duane uses Comp. Last custom I had was Engle but that was before it was sold (years ago).

Lots of good ones....
no dis on anybody else, Duane has absolutely fantastic real world Mopar combo experience, but Richard or Chase Knight at CRANE are extremely good also, albeit IMO, NOT much point grinding a "Custom" cam profile by anyone without some valid data for them like a Cylinder Head Flow Sheet ? Dynamic Pressure ? etc. to work with ?
CRANE have ground us some Killer 900 + HP Pump gas HEMI stuff.... and lots of 740HP Windsor Fords, lots of good Cam Engineers out there and I think we've used most of them over the years ?, BUT IMHO, none any better than CRANE.

Good info IN = GOOD Cam OUT ?
Poo-Poo IN = Poo-Poo OUT ?

Auto Transport Service
Back