• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

who races there charger

I had a '72, with a '68 440 in it.
Ran it LVD a few times. What a tank.
I ended up junking it(shoot me now) because the car a a funny shimmy when I was trying to slow it down at the far end of the track/

The frame had rotted under the rubber mat that was on the inner front fender.
The car had new quaters, new rear glass, the rest of the body was in good shape, just needed paint.

Here's a picture of it.

chargerontrailer.jpg

re:racing a charger

They are heavy (3500lbs with me in it), but the long wheelbase makes them fairly easy to drive. I have a 73 I bracket raced for years (12.0-12.10 sec quarters). I pumped up the engine, painted it, installed caltracs, and we're in the process of shaking it down right now.

charger01.jpg

charger02.jpg

Gonna be bracket racing my new 73 as soon as I can get it ready. Question... I'm not going to tub the car. What rear wheel would you use. I'm thinking 15x8 but I am not sure of the back spacing. Anyone know?

I'll tell you what I have, and you have to understand that my wheel well openings are enlarged (by rust removal). I have 8 inch wheels with 10 1/2 x 28 MT slicks and 3.5 backspace. There is room for at least another inch of backspace on mine.

Auto Transport Service
Back