• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who remembers those 1970s Chevy truck TV ads ?

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
Okay....I hope that I am not imagining this, but...
As a kid, I thought I remembered seeing a Chevrolet Truck TV ad where they had a truck suspended from a crane. They dropped it to show how tough the chassis was. I know Ford had a similar ad, Dodge did too.
I've searched YouTube but cannot find it. Does anyone else remember this? Dad sold Chevrolets in the 70s and I remember him bringing home brochures and sales literature on the new cars. It was pretty cool as a kid. He used to get trucks as his personal vehicles. One was a 2 tone 1/2 ton Short/Wide with hubcaps.....and a 454 ! I remember him power braking it at stoplights! Good times!

I don't think anybody here cares much about Chevy trucks.
Try a GM site if you dare.

All the pickups back from the era had strong frames. I dont think I ever heard of one ten fifteen or more years rusting out unless you ran it in salt water. Everything today seems to be engineered to collapse taking impact today. I saw a new Ford pickup on the frame machine and the frame was a tube shape that looked like Swiss cheese it had so many holes (from the factory) in it. The truck took a good hit in the rear that crumpled the frame. To fix it properly I was told it needed a new frame.

Nope - don't remember that ad. Any time I've seen a Chevy ad I just vomit and turn the damn tv off.

I think Charles Bronson in the movie "Mr Majestyk" sold more Ford pickups that any salesman could ever hope to....

I remember the Twin-I Beam Ford Truck commercials best.

I remeber a lot of the old commercials I will have to dig

looking have not found it yet but found this one

I don't think anybody here cares much about Chevy trucks.
Try a GM site if you dare.
I don't think that you represent everyone on the site. Not all of us were Mopar to the bone our whole lives. Some dabbled with other brands before landing here.

I like all old trucks, think they are all great. Anybody who can work on a SB Chrysler can work on a SB Chevy. Ive found them both to be reliable

had a Dodge truck back in the day had a lot of problems bought a Ford while working at the Ford dealer nothing but head aches got another and problems, never bought another Ford and wont bought a 85 Jeep Truck was a great truck sold to my daughter Jeep quit making full size truck bought my first new Silverado never a problem still have to this day over high 300000 miles next new truck Silverado 3500 Dually a Reagency conversion had up till a few years ago when she was hit and totaled bought here a GMC Yukon XL Denali she still has it and it has been a great vehicle for her now my self when I bought a new truck I bought a Denali Quadrasteer has about 160000 on it, it is a great truck also bought a 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche is also is a great truck it has a lot miles on it ,thought about buying a Dodge SRT Viper Truck but my friend has had one and it has been a problem truck so me I will stick with my GM trucks for now ,but if need be I will pull my Jeep M-715 out and use it or my Jeep M-725

I have an old Chevy truck, 1989 to be exact, and it's as reliable as they get. 250,000 miles and going strong. I am Mopar at heart, but I can't seem to kill this old truck.

20160619_134649.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back