• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who sells a rebuild Kit for 1969 Bendix 4-Piston Brakes

OzzyOzB

Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
My 4 piston Bendix Brake Caliper is weeping fluid all over the pads. I'm told that buying New Old Stock is a waste of time, because it's so old, that it'll just fail as well. Do you guys know if anyone sells new reproduction rubber for those old Bendix Disc Brake Systems? They only used them for like 4 years, so it's not real common.
Thanks for any insight you guys might have. :)

http://www.theRAMmaninc.com
maybe, he likes to talk too
not sure he's still even doing it
may be worth a shot
he was a good source for info & parts
OE style disc conversions, spindles, calipers, rotors, seal bearings
all things 'discs' etc.

if the reg. sources like;
Summit, Jeggs, Napa, Rock Auto etc. don't still have it

good luck

http://www.theRAMmaninc.com
maybe, he likes to talk too
not sure he's still even doing it
may be worth a shot
he was a good source for info & parts
OE style disc conversions, spindles, calipers, rotors, seal bearings
all things 'discs' etc.

if the reg. sources like;
Summit, Jeggs, Napa, Rock Auto etc. don't still have it

good luck
well Dang......
So far i've found new Rotors (which luckily I don't need yet) but that's it.
I will double check with the regular sources just to confirm that they "still" don't carry them.
I probably should have checked with them first (sorry about that). I was under the impression that they don't have them, but I should definitely double check. -Cheers

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362921864731?hash=item547fd42e1b:g:iOAAAOSwpBdeT0XN

Searching ebay is your friend, and even using GOOGLE.
Did you even look there?
This vendor showed up by just typing in disc brake kit, 69 Charger.

Thank you HEMI71X. I just bought two sets off the link, and the SQUARE TRADE deal insurance (which I almost NEVER buy, but since there's a HUGE chance that the rubber seals are old and will split, I want it covered.) plus I went ahead and got the decal from my previous post about securing my trunk. I told myself I wasn't going to put bumper stickers and stuff on this car, but since it actually has a trunk, I can't help myself. Trunk Monkey is HILARIOUS!
Thanks again for doing what I should have already done (and finding it on ebay). You're the best! -Cheers
Trunk Monkey Link: ==>

Trunk Monkey.JPG

FYI - Unfortunately, some of these 4 piston calipers are pitted(corroded) and may require to be re-sleeved - appears to be a common problem.

Seal is on each of the 4 piston, thus the caliper bore needs to be smooth.

The later Kelsey Hayes calipers single piston calipers have the seal built into the bore and are much easier to rebuild

Just my 2 cents....

Auto Transport Service
Back