who to use for rebuilding bendix disc brake boosters?

Brakes, Steering & Suspension

1. resq302

resq302 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:30 AM
    My chargers power disc bendix brake booster started leaking / hissing towards the end of last season occasionally when I stepped on the brakes hard. Is there anyone in particular I should stay away from? Some better than others?

While it is out, I'm considering redoing the master cylinder also just so I don't need to worry about it leaking onto the freshly redone booster. I've heard people can have the cylinders sleeved with either brass or stainless to prevent corrosion inside the bore which would end up damaging the seals and causing a leak. Is one material better than the other with DOT 3/4 brake fluid?

2. RT SE 440

RT SE 440 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:00 PM
    all my master ,wheel,slave cylinders all done in stainless steel you do it once and once only cost more but all worth it in the end .2 reasons i have all the original components re sleeved so keeps it genuine looking and 2 they will never fail again as long as you keep the oil clean they can sit there for long periods with no issues

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  3. resq302

Local Time:
    how about disc brake boosters?

4. Sixpaksteve

Sixpaksteve FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    Two of the more popular options for you are The Ram Man ( http://www.theramman.com ) and Booster Dewey (http://www.boosterdeweyexchange.com/)

I've heard mostly good things about Dewey, but I used the Ram Man last year for the rebuild of my original Booster and Master Cylinder on my 1970 Cuda and I was happy.

5. resq302

Local Time:
    I'll check into the Ramman. Dewey and I had it out the last time I called him.

6. 440+6

440+6 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
  7. dart1962_440

dart1962_440 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Can any of these guys convert a C-body bendix to a non-Hemi B-body one? Different brake pedal rod, not sure of any other differences.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.